Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Marriott East Side

wcj1
By wcj1,
in

Bid history:

4/12, 3* MTE $80

4/13, 3* MTE + UWS $83

(I did not rebid on the 12th cause I got confused on my free rebid.)

Background on this and why I bid now:

Lately, I have been checking hotel prices via Priceline packages (Air + Hotel), Hotwire packages, and regular Hotwire.

On 2/15, the PL package was $722 for the Marriott. On 4/12, the package was $586. Now some of that was probably airfare fluctuation as other hotels dropped too, but this one dropped at least $30/night more than others when doing the math.

Also, I have been watching hotels on Hotwire and saw this in the MTE zone:

3.5* Restaurant, Fitness Center, Internet, Business Center

3/22 = 149

4/12 = 112

Now this Hotwire hotel could have been the Roosevelt, but the the amenities also matched the Marriott and the price drop was very similar to Priceline package drop.

Since the Marriott has come up at $80 in the past, I tried that. Thought about going to $85 next, but I was thinking most $85 acceptances were overbids, so I just went up to $83, since I can bid again in 3 days and I still have a couple of months.

So while this was only my 1st bid and rebid, I have been gathering data for a couple of months. Was trying to avoid the MTW zone and the Hilton Towers (had a fine stay there last time, but no longer HHonors Gold and I think that helped.) So was just watching and trying to find patterns. This info will hopefully also help for the Labor Day trip.

Looking forward to this as this has had some good recent reviews, it is in a good location, and it will be more convenient for trekking to the East River for the fireworks.

BillJ

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]