Priceline Hotel: How early is to early?

DB1
By DB1,
in

Need hotel in downtown Miami for 9/24/2004, have read on this and other boards that $35 - $40 has been about the going rate. I tried starting at $30, $35 and $40 and got rejected then tried $35 and had an offer to raise to $52 but decided to go $40 and $42 instead but was rejected. should I just keep trying between $35 and $45. Not sure if I am bidding to early or not.

Thanks

Edited to add: am looking for 3 rooms, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would continue your current strategy but do bid as high as $45 (it seems like you haven't bid this amount yet... stopping short at $42).

Based upon the counter-offer i think you have a good shot right around the $45 figure, but be smart and do the $35, $40, $45 process in case something cheap happens to enter the picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I've been trying the $35-$40-$45 stratagy now since the middle of April every 72 hrs. or so and no hits yet, I even tried up to $50 today, but no go. Should I stick with $45 as my high. I'm not sure if I am still early with my bidding or not. any suggestions?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]