Check in:

CheckInDate:Fri, Oct 26, 2007

Check out:

CheckOutnDate:Mon, Oct 29, 2007

$284 per night

3 adults

Hotel Amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

To find this hotel, I used "U.S. street address" and used the Marriott Marquis address as that is the target area we would like to stay in.

I'm ready to book this hotel (I think it is an 'okay' rate for that area), however a friend wants to wait a bit longer and see if a better rate miraculously appears.

Does anyone have a guess as to what the 3.5* hotel is (could possibly be)? TIA!!!

Per this post:

Hotwire Hotel List - New York

There's only one 3.5* hotel.

New York City (Times Square - Theater District)

3.5* Hotel Mela (previously 4*) REVIEW

Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry

(Restaurant likely removed after user reported that hotel does not offer one... VP not showing Laundry)

There's only one 3.5* hotel.

The hotel list does not say this... read the comments at the top of the hotel list.

With this caveat noted, this is a match for the Hotel Mela so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- nobody can say whether the price will go up or down between now and then time your friend is ready to buy, but i'd have a back-up plan (a cancellable reservation) as this offer could disappear at anytime OR the price could go up beyond your budget

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I am travelling to NYC the exact same dates, also 3 people. When I check Hotwire it didn't give me anything in the theatre district. The most promising is 4* Midtown South at $312 per night, which seems to fit the 70 Park description. Would priceline have a better deal? Did you purchase the 3.5* one?

• 10 months later...

Update: (note this is *almost* a year ago...! :) )

We ended up staying at:

Best Western President Hotel

234 W 48th Street

New York, New York, 10036-1424, US

(on 48th between Broadway & 8th - but closer to Broadway)

by booking directly via their website.

I don't remember the price we paid, but it was the lowest we were able to find and guarantee enough space for 3 people.

The room had 1 queen bed and one couch that pulled out and turned into a bed.

The last day of our trip, the water in the shower was Constantly hot. No matter which direction we turned the faucet, it stayed Very hot. We were in a rush to get out & going during the day so wasn't able to have it fixed right at that moment. We mentioned the problem upon check out (so the next occupant(s) wouldn't get scalded while showering) and they gave us 50% off our stay for that last night!

Very friendly counter staff. The hotel itself was Less then spectacular, but it was a place to sleep a few hours each night and we don't spend much time in the room anyways. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]