Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Portland (Downtown) Residence Inn River Place

girlofloyalty
By girlofloyalty,
in

I just had one bid, $54, which was accepted. Looking at the board, I probably overbid, but I really wanted this hotel and there is just one 2.5 re-bid zone. Fortunately, I didn't get the Courtyard Marriott (though I did stay there the other night and it was good. Just no free breakfast like Residence Inn has. :) ).

But I'm still happy; the AAA rate is $98 for this night.

The area I bid in was, obviously, Downtown Portland.

• 1 month later...
There are two different Residence Inns in Portland's Downtown zone. Did you win the one on NE Multnomah or the one on SW River Parkway?

The NE Multnomah location is in the Lloyd Center/Convention Center area, and not part of downtown. Based on the Priceline maps and the actual location, it is certainly not downtown.

Erik

The NE Multnomah location is in the Lloyd Center/Convention Center area, and not part of downtown. Based on the Priceline maps and the actual location, it is certainly not downtown.

Erik

Yes, but girlofloyalty's win, and Colfax's question, predate the creation of the Convention Center - Lloyd Center zone. At the time, both Residence Inns were in the old Downtown Portland zone. However, the Residence Inn Lloyd Center has not been reported in a long time, and I have a feeling that they no longer use Priceline to sell their rooms.

Thanks for the backup, tilepusher.

Welcome to BetterBidding, erikw. If you have any recent Portland wins to share with the board they'll be appreciated.

It's true the Lloyd Center Res Inn hasn't been reported in a long time but my guess is that they still participate in Priceline, but with a higher Priceline rate than the 3* hotels in the Convention Center zone.

If Res Inn's Priceline rate is $60---a steep discount from their regular rate---it's just not going to come up often when the Doubletree and Red Lion are giving rooms to Priceline in the $30's and $40's.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]