Priceline Hotel: 3* Boise Doubletree Riverside

WindDreamer
By WindDreamer,
in

This is the very first time I have ever used a company such as Priceline! I tryed to find lower costs for Hotel rooms by internet searches, by even the lower end of the price motel such as Motel 6 was around $52.

I really hated the thought of paying that much money for so little value - so I webserch forums about Priceline, and was able to find this forum.

Information on my success today of booking a higher qulity hotel for less then $52.. a night:

Hotel Name: Doubletree Hotel Boise-Riverside (3-Star ranking on Priceline)

2900 W Chinden Blvd

Boise, Idaho 83714

Check-In Date: Midweek, September, 2007

Check-Out Date: Midweek, September, 2007

My final accepted Offer using Priceline.com: $49.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 6

Subtotal: $294.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $50.33

Total Charges*: $344.33

My bidding was helped greatly by other members posts on this forum. I tried checking the 3star and 4star boxes, and starting with just the Boise area box checked.

I started with $38.00 and added other higher amounts ($40, $42, $45, $49) - and each time I added another area around Boise.

I tried the $49.00 price when I was at the last selected area available with 3star ranking and 4 star ranking, and it did not succeed.

Then by my using different check-out date and thus the number of days motel stay (6 days stay, instead of 7 days), I succeeded in aquiring the $49.00 price!

This changing of the amount of days stay was a tip I also read posted by another member of this forum, so this forum is a great resource of useful information. rolleyes.gif

What is interesting to note, is after I was able to aquire the $49.00 X six days instead of 7 days, PriceLine THEN informed me on that confirmation e-mail that I could add more days to that end date for the same $49.00!

So try a lesser amount of days if your bid does not succeed, and it might be one can still get the price accepted, and also the amount of days wanted too.

This information is one Priceline's webside:

Doubletree Hotel Boise-Riverside

No Booking Fee with purchase

3-Star

3 star hotels offer a higher level of guest service with several amenities. Guestrooms and public spaces place a greater emphasis on style and generally offer such conveniences as hairdryers, iron and board, fitness centers, luggage assistance and on-site dining. Boise, ID (Boise)

The Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside is a resort like hotel nestled on 14 acres of roses, gardens and courtyards on the scenic Boise River. The hotel is close to downtown, Boise Towne Square Mall and the State Capitol building. The Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside is adjacent to the Greenbelt, a 25 mile paved trail alongside the Boise River. Easy access to I-184 and local business and technology parks. Boise's largest and friendliest hotel. 303 deluxe guest rooms most with courtyard or river views; 34 spacious suites. Hilton HHonors Points and Miles and Doubletree chocolate chip cookies with every stay.

Daily

Rates Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Avg.Rate

$99 $99 $99 $99 $99 $99 $99

This is the very first time I have ever used a company such as Priceline!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Thank you for posting the win.

Can you tell us the start date of the trip so I can amend the title correctly.

I've deleted the other post as every stay has its own thread.

Hope you enjoy the stay and we're happy to have helped.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]