Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston Waterfont

flannbarr
By flannbarr,
in

I am new to Priceline. I have a ressie for 9/8/07-9/10/07 at the Marriott Cambridge for $199/night including breakfast which seems like a very good deal. My goal though is to be on the waterfront as we will be going whale watching Sunday morning. I thought about Priceline. If I put in Boston Waterfront and 4*, what price do you recommend? I would love to stay at the Marriott Long Wharf but I know that probably won't happen. It looks like a lot of people have gotten the Westin which is fine.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The Boston Hotel list is only those that have been reported

There could be others in that area that are not the Westin.

Read the topmost paragraph on that page. :)

Obviously you can bid for a 4* for that area but just be aware you may not get the Westin

Having said that if you look at HOTWIRE for your dates you may be able to ID a hotel that may suit.

This will give you an idea of what priceline may have and at what price to bid (PL is usually cheaper than HW)

So when I click 4 star and got to the next step, it does not necessarily mean that there are 4* hotels available? When I click on the Waterfront, the map displayed does not mean a lot to me since I am from Michigan. Is this the area where the Marriott, Westin, and Seaport are? It looks like people have been pretty successful getting the Westin.

I think you need to read the FAQ's to familiarise yourself with how priceline works.

As I live in UK, without looking at a proper map of Boston the priceline map doesn't mean much to me (though I have been twice :) )

At present the two 4* hotels that have been reported (here and elsewhere) are the Westin and the Seaport.

Google for their web-sites and see where they are in relation to the map.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]