Hotwire Hotel: Chicago

jrd
By jrd,
in

1) Looking for a hotel in Chicago for 2 nights, but want to make sure I can get two beds in the room. Is there any way to request that on Hotwire?

2) These hotels came up for a Hotwire search of those dates, what do you think they are:

4* in Chicago Loop

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

$126/night

4* in Magnificent Mile Area- Streeterville

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

$148/night

3.5* in Magnificent Mile Area- Streeterville - Customer Favorite

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

$180/night

3.5* in Magnificent Mile Area- Streeterville

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

$172/night

Thanks so much!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't guarantee two beds in the room, but you can come close...

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accomodations for eveyrone that you include in your search. So, if you select 2adults/1child or 3adults as occupancy, the room will be able to accomodate triple occupancy. However, in some situations you could still receive a room with only one bed and a rollaway bed OR a room with one bed and a pullout sofa... not sure if this would be acceptable to you or not.

If the above is fine, please search HOTWIRE again with the above occupancy criteria as it often changes the selected offerings (i'd try with both 2adults/1child as well as 3adults) and let us know what appears within your budget.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip - I went with the 3 adults theory and these popped up - what do you think they are:

4* in Mag Mile - Streeterville - Customer Fav

Fitness, Rest., Bus. Center, HSIA

$189/nt

4* in Chicago Loop

Fitness, Rest., HSIA

$202/nt

3.5* in Mag Mile - Streeterville - Customer Fav

Fitness, Pool, Rest., Bus. Center, HSIA

$199/nt

Thanks!!!!!!

The Hard Rock and Conrad also are possibilities for the one that could be the Westin, as the amenities also match. The one that could be the Westin/Hard Rock or Conrad would be my choice, as the W is poorly located for tourists and the Sheraton's just not a very good hotel - okay for less than a hundred, but no way for more than two.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Hyatt Regency so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The majority of hotels in Chicago get mixed reviews. It's because they're too expensive for what they are, honestly. When you read these reviews, keep in mind the people who booked regular rate probably paid twice as much as you will.

Additionally, I'm not even seeing the Hyatt when searching for more than 2 people for these dates. The Hyatt's well-located and not bad, but it's a massive, impersonal convention hotel and the rooms can be a bit hit-and-miss. I put up visiting friends there in the Winter all the time when Priceline rates there are well under $100 (and sometimes under $50.) I have a hard time recommending it for much more than $125, but if it's the cheapest thing, it's not bad - you could do worse. It is certainly centrally located.

What is an "opaque supplier"? Is that like Hotwire and Priceline? I can get the Hyatt for $199/nt. My problem is, there are so many hotels, and like you said, so many get mixed reviews, it's hard to know where to stay. Also, trying to get a hotel room with two beds was challenging. Right now we are booked at the Affinia for a reasonable? rate of $160/nt with confirmed two beds booked through the hotel. Unfortunately, that hotel is under renovation and there is no food/bev available, it's noisy, and only one working elevator. Any thoughts on this property?

You're right, as of this evening, it looks like the Hyatt is no longer available - it was $161/nt.

On Hotwire this evening these are my current choices:

1) 4*Mag Mile - Streeterville -Cust Fav

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

HSIA

$169/nt

2) 4*Chicago Loop

Fitness Center

Restaurant

HSIA

$185/nt

3) 3.5*Mag Mile - Streeterville -Cust Fav

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

HSIA

$199/nt

Based on your post about hotels, would you say

1) ???

2) Palmer House? But what about the pool?

3) Sheraton?

Also, how are the Palmer House and the Fairmont?

Thanks!

I don't see the first hotel you describe offered on a current search. Currently i see a 4* hotel in the MagMile-Streeterville zone with: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa. If you see this hotel on your current search best guess is the Swissotel. For the other two properties, the 4* Loop is a match for the W City Center while the 3.5* is a match for the Sheraton, so those would be our best guesses for each.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hi there,

I am still finding this one this morning:

4*Mag Mile - Streeterville -Cust Fav

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

HSIA

$169/nt

Which hotel do you think it is?

I don't see the one you think might be Swisotel. I am still using the 3-person tactic to try and get a room with 2 beds.

Thanks!

Actually, now that I go read the customer comments, one of which says, "The hotel was very clean and the beds were as comfortable as they claim them to be.", makes me think that it could very well be the Westin, given the beds comment (Westin Heavenly Beds.) I really like that particular Westin, so while I can't guarantee it's that, it would be a great result if that is what this is.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if you do decide to make a purchase, and let us know how it goes.

I still do see the 'other' 4* Streeterville hotel when i search HOTWIRE... if i change from 2adults/0children to 2adults/1child i do get a different hotel offered, presumably the one you see above on your own search, and if the same hotel i'm being offered i'd agree with AaronJB that this is most likely the Westin.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]