Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (White House-Downtown) Four Points Washington

Tommymac
By Tommymac,
in

This is a new one! I did not see it in the forum list for this area of DC.

Needed a room downtown for 2 weekend nights - 9/28 through 9/30 - going to a peace march. Stars and comfort were not so important as price. Did not want to spend more than $75/night for a room.

Probably did not use the best strategy here, but felt I could get something under $75 if I was not too concerned with the star levels.

Started out with White House-Downtown at $60 for a 2.5 star property. (There was one other downtown zone without 2.5 star, so I figured I had one re-bid zone to work with.) The bid was rejected.

Decided to go for a quick hit, and rather than add a zone, I added 2 star properties, and increased my bid to $70. The bid was accepted with an upgrade to this 3* property!

2 bids, a great price, a pretty good star level (better than I was looking for) - I consider this a win as most cheaper hotels in the area are sold out that weekend - and the others are going for $150+/night when booking directly. (I checked).

I'll do a review after my stay. Thanks again for this site - (I did use Savings Barn to get to priceline.)

Actually this property has been reported previously, but at the 2.5* level, so this is an upgrade since the last win for this property. Here is a hotel review of the property from about a year ago... sounds as if it will more than suit your needs.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]