Hotwire Hotel: HELP ID 4 hotels in NYC

dunyao
By dunyao,
in

Hi, first of all thanks for your efforts, this forum is a helpful one.

We will be staying in NYC between 18-26 November 2007 (5 nights) And on hotwire, i got these hotels, would you help me ID them?

1- 4 star hotel in M.E, 213 usd/night, Fitness Center, Business Center, Tennis, Restaurants, High speed internet, Pool(s)

2- 3 star hotel in Downtown-Soho, 164 usd/night, Fitness Center, Laundry Facility, High Speed internet.

3- 2 Star hotel in Central Park area, 149 usd/night, Fitness Center, Business Center, restaurant.

4- 2 star hotel in M.S, 154 usd/night, Complimentary Breakfast, fitness, high-speed internet

I read that some of the people got very low rates from Hilton-Times Square, Hudson Hotel etc. However, i did not see such prices on hotwire. I would appreciate any recommendation on hotels and areas, we are 30 years old couple, first time in NYC and would like to be in Manhattan.

keep up the good work...

Did you have any thoughts on the hotels above that blindman ID'd for you?

Did you want to go with one of these or were you looking to bid on priceline? If going the priceline route, what is your maximum bid and minimum star rating? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, since this will be our first time in NYC, we would like to stay in Midtown area. I believe people get better prices over priceline, so i should try it. Could you give me a formula based on the below facts. For now our best alternative is Pennsylvania Hotel from Expedia 165 usd/night + taxes, but i heard the hotel got lots of bad reviews, so any suggestion is welcome to beat this hotel.

For us hotel amenities are not that important, since we will not use them, we are in NYC, we should be exploring the city day&night. Location and clean rooms are important, size, star rate, luxury...not important. My highest bet would be 150 usd/night among 3 stars, and 200 usd/night among 4 stars. What do you think my chances are? Which hotels are most probable to come out.

And most important thing for me: If I book the hotel through priceline and something happens, can i get my money back without any problem if i have this insurance 5 usd/night? So i can only lose 25 usd for 5 nights, did I get it correct? If yes, I believe i should try it.

Thanks for your efforts.

we would like to stay in Midtown area
To avoid confusion, which zones (by Priceline name) are you willing to accept? Are all of MTE, MTW, MTS and UM/CPS acceptable? Did you want to try for a 4* hotel first up to your maixmum and then try for a 3*?
If I book the hotel through priceline and something happens, can i get my money back without any problem if i have this insurance 5 usd/night?
It depends upon what "something" is... the insurance only covers certain events (most usually sickness) so you need to make sure it covers whatever event(s) you're concerned may have the potential to cancel your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

-MTE,MTW, MTS are acceptable for us.

-I would like to start with 3 stars up to 150 usd/night, if no result, would like to go with 4 stars up to 200 usd/night.

-"something" refers to: We have to get a visa from the American Embassy so, each time they ask for the hotel reservation documents, therefore, we have to book the hotel and include the vouchers or confirmations to our file, than apply for the visa. In case we do not get a visa, I can not come, so I have to cancel everything incl. hotel reservation. In that case, can i get the money back? Concerning sickness, do i have to prove from a hospital that i am sick??

thanx

I would confirm with the issue of the travel insurance if this is covered before proceeding. Here is the current insurance vendor's contact info:

If you have additional questions about Travel Insurance, American Home Assurance Company representatives can be reached at: Domestic Trips - 1-877-399-7765 (Toll Free) International Trips - 1-713-267-3365 (Feel free to call collect)

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]