Hotwire Hotel: HELP: 4*in Beverly Hills-Westwood for 11/8 &11/9

dabear
By dabear,
in

I've been bidding for a 4* hotel in above area for about1 1/2 months including up to 5 rebids each time and all have failed. My bids have gone up to $145. I have surmised that with the higher occupancy in hotels lately & posts from other successful bidders, that only last minute bids for this location are working. Any comments or help. I am aware that rates are normally pretty high for this area.

Part of the issue is that rates for your dates are currently very high (not just seasonally), so although far in advance, demand is already up somewhat for these dates given the higher prices i'm seeing directly thru the hotel websites.

Is $145 your current maximum bid? At what point would you lower your star level?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Please keep us updated by continuing your progess in this thread.

Let us know if we can be of further help as you progress.

Still trying 1 or 2 times a week with 5 rebids with no luck. I guess it will go down to the last week if I am able to get a 4* in W Hollywood - Beverly Hills at a reasonable discount.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think it was Parc Suites since the star rating for 4.3 not 4 and Parc has a tennis court on the premises , not nearby. In any event I went back to the site and it was no longer being offered. I guess I'll try bidding 1 or 2 x times right b4 we go and if not successful, will stay at my back up hotel, which incidently has goine up $110/nt since we booked 4 months ago.

The Tripadvisor ratings shown on HOTWIRE are not dynamic, but are at Tripadvisor, so if the rating changes (based upon user feedback) it may differ from what is shown at HOTWIRE until the next update (which takes place about monthly). As well, there is no 'Tennis on Premises' icon, just "Tennis Nearby", so if a hotel has a Tennis Court they would use the 'Tennis Nearby' icon.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
The Tripadvisor ratings shown on HOTWIRE are not dynamic, but are at Tripadvisor, so if the rating changes (based upon user feedback) it may differ from what is shown at HOTWIRE until the next update (which takes place about monthly). As well, there is no 'Tennis on Premises' icon, just "Tennis Nearby", so if a hotel has a Tennis Court they would use the 'Tennis Nearby' icon.

I tried frequently up to the last few days bidding up to $155/nt for A 4* IN bh but never had my bids accepted.

Did you end up cancelling this trip or book a hotel thru other means? (where and how much)

I unsed my back up reservation and stayed at the Beverly Hilton and booked thru the Hilton web site . I paid $225 /night+ tax. Their rate had increased to over $300/night so it was good that I had a back up reservation b4 bidding..

I unsed my back up reservation and stayed at the Beverly Hilton and booked thru the Hilton web site . I paid $225 /night+ tax. Their rate had increased to over $300/night so it was good that I had a back up reservation b4 bidding..

As per our support page, we are an affiliate of the Hilton branded hotels... please remember to use our links for your future purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]