Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Ft Lee-Hackensack) Radisson Saddle Brook

petez
By petez,
in

both properties are physically located in the Priceline Saddle Brook - Teaneck (Teaneck - Ft. Lee) zone. The Crowne Plaza has been won and is on the Priceline list. The Holiday Inn has not been reported as a win. I've stayed at both properties, the only thing that the Holiday Inn has going for it is its location: only half a mile or so to the George Washington Bridge. It was formerly a Days Inn that was renovated; I believe they washed all of the windows, used an entire can of air freshener, and passed out new name badges to the poorly trained front desk staff. The Crowne Plaza is a much nicer hotel. Better yet, the Ft. Lee Hilton is also in this area, but I don't believe it has been won through Priceline.

Please list your dates of travel and your maximum budget and we can help out with a bidding stratgegy. I'm a bit curious, is there any particular reason for wanting to stay in this area? You should probably have a car in this area and it is not known for easy access into Manhattan.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. My budget is around $120 per room and we need two rooms (5 nights - 27 Oct to 1 Nov). You asked why this area? - we are visiting NYC but will have a car and I was put off central NYC because of the high room rates and difficulties with parking (Fort Lee just seemed a reasonable compromise). Any other suggestions would be very welcome. By the way are these two hotels on Hotwire? - Thanks for your help

we are visiting NYC but will have a car and I was put off central NYC because of the high room rates and difficulties with parking (Fort Lee just seemed a reasonable compromise)

You can do much better than this area for a similar budget...

The best alternative to NYC is Jersey City, but that may be out of your price range for these dates (although we can try if you're interested). Second is the Secaucus, Meadowlands, North Bergen areas and there are likey hotel(s) here within or close to your budget.

Let us know if these zones are acceptable and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow (or of course, ask any questions that you may have).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best alternative to NYC is Jersey City, but that may be out of your price range for these dates

I doubt you're going to be successful, but you can try as follows:

At the 3* level in Jersey City you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

The Jersey City area is the most prefered as there is 24/7 access into Manhattan via PATH train and in just 8-15 minutes (depending upon where in NYC you are heading). However, once the above is most likely rejected, i'd suggest you consider the other zone(s) mentioned as they would still be preferable to the Fort Lee area.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thanks for the advice - we will give it a try. As an aside I was just browsing on Hotwire and found a 3* hotel in Fort Lee for $59/night for our stay. I appreciate that you suggested other areas but this sounds a good rate. The hotel has a

Fitness Centre,

Pool,

Restaurant and

High Speed Internet.

Do you have any thoughts on which hotel this might be?

Thanks for your help

If you're not familiar with the area i'd really think twice about staying here as a substitute for NYC... it's really not where you want to be.

The price may be cheap, but you're giving up a lot in convenience and location.

If you do book let us know how it goes and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Thanks for your help. Have just booked the Radisson Saddlebrook for $59 via your HOTWIRE link. We will have a car and want to see some of NJ as well so it suits us. BTW the Radisson on Hotwire also states Internet Access (your Hotwire hotel list excludes it)

Thanks again and very helpful site - we will use you again

Congratulatons on your success!

Glad to hear of you're happy with the results and that you received the hotel you were expecting.

Here's my "local tip" for this area...

For a really good sandwich (a big lunch or a very casual dinner (it's a pizzeria)) go to La Bella Roma and get a chicken parm hero. The place doesn't look like much, but they do a very good business with the local community and the food is good (and fresh, while you may think twice about ordering a meat dish from a pizzeria, the food does turn over due to their steady clientelle). At about $6-$7 it's a great meal and one of the best hot hero sandwiches you'll likely have!

La Bella Roma

35 N Farview Ave

Paramus, NJ 07652

(201) 843-8687

It's about a 5 minute drive from this hotel.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase... enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your bargain. I have stayed in Fort Lee and it's not bad if you have a car. Just take the west highway down and you'll be in the Times Square area in 15-20 minutes. And it is possible to park in NYC for free on the weekends if you are willing to walk 5-6 blocks. Just stay away from the prime areas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]