Priceline Hotel: 3* Melbourne Hilton Melbourne Airport Hotel

young2by2
By young2by2,
in

Excellent! That's like 2 nights for the price of 1! I'm just hoping they don't give us "priceline customers" their crappiest room. I would feel really weird complaining about the room when paying only $45/night :)

Will let you know how it was when we return.

Sue

Young2by2, just a warning on this hotel if you are in need of 2 beds....I'm sure you know that when priceline makes the reservation for you, it is "requesting" a non-smoking king room. In the past, I always just call the hotel directly & confirm the reservation. I also ask at this time if I can make a request for 2 beds instead of just one. They always remind me that this is just a request & I will not know for sure until check-in. No problem. Well, this time when I went to check-in, they still had us down for a non-smoking king room. When I told the clerk I needed a 2 bed room, she did some pecking at her computer & said "Priceline has a different price for a 1 bed room vs. a 2 bed room" WHAT?! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, I explained to her that on the priceline sight, you never get a choice of how many beds. I also told her that when I actually called priceline to ask them how to request a two bed room, they told me to just call the hotel after my bid is won & change the request. Anyway, lucky for me, it was only 11:30am so she was able to give us what we wanted. Whew! I know a king size bed is big but it would be just a little crowded with 2 adults AND 2 kids! :) Am I missing something here? Has priceline changed their site & now let you choose what type of room you need? That would be nice.

Sue

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]