Priceline Hotel: Nashville help - new here, confused

ginnymae
By ginnymae,
in

:) I have been ALL OVER Hotwire and Priceline along with random web searches and have a huge headache now. Can somebody help me?

Traveling to Nashville June 5 (or 6 if it gets a better deal) thru June 9, 2008.

Need 2 rooms (2 adults and 3 teens), preferably connecting.

Would like to be within 20 minutes of downtown Nashville.

3 stars or better.

Don't care about airport shuttle, but safe area is a definite MUST.

TIA for any help/suggestions. I'm scrambled at this point.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your stay is 10 months away so there so no rush... take a break and step away from the computer :)

If you look at how priceline (or HOTWIRE) divide this area, which zones are you willing to accept? What is your maximum bid and your minimum star rating?

Let us know the above and we'll be in a better position to advise you further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hee hee. That is EXACTLY what I did right after I posted. :) Good advice!

I don't want to stay in either of the furthest-away zones (forgot now what those letters are). It's doubtful that I'll get anything downtown during that time - probabyly sold out - but that's really okay.

Maximum bid is $75-80/room (I need two) and the minimum star rating would be 2 1/2 (prefer 3). BTW, to show you how clueless I am, I didn't even know I could bid. I thought I put in my requirements and it told me what was available with price, amenities and general area.

I would just have my more computer-savvy kids do this for me, but it's supposed to be a surprise. :)

Thanking you in advance for your patience.

... which zones (by the names priceline uses to define them) are you willing to accept?

... and it appears you're looking at HOTWIRE? (which attaches letters to their zones... but the letter assignments differ from search to search depending upon the location you choose to search by, which is why we ask for the actual names to avoid any confusion)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... and it appears you're looking at HOTWIRE? (which attaches letters to their zones... but the letter assignments differ from search to search depending upon the location you choose to search by, which is why we ask for the actual names to avoid any confusion)

Oops. Sorry. :)

Opryland

Nashville West

Nashville South

Brentwood

Airport

Only three of the five zones above offer 3* bidding, so we'll need to backtrack a moment...

Are you familiar with Priceline Re-Bidding Explained? Please read the previous links and feel free to ask any questions that you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the baord (you have 6 re-bid zones when bidding 3* in the Nashville area)

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops. Sorry.

$55/night per room, 3.5*: airport shuttle, pool, fitness center, hi-speed internet, restaurant on site

$69/night but only listed as 3*: shuttle, pool, fitness center, hi-speed internet, laundry facilities and restaurant

I'm sure this has been explained here, but why the difference in * rating?

Thanks for your help!

HOTWIRE star ratings are explained here: Star Ratings. I wouldn't get bogged down in star ratings as it's very subjective.

The 3.5* property is a match for the Radisson so that would be our best guess. The 3* has not yet been identified, but if i were to take a guess, i think the Holiday Inn Select Airport/Opryland would be a good guess. Note the similarity between the two property amenity combinations... the amenities above are quite common for an airport hotel, so there could be others, but the above are our best guesses.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

With priceline you can not designate, nor know, the amenties the hotels.

With HOTWIRE they will show you the amenities offered by the hotel. You can't "force" HOTWIRE to show you hotels with only specific amenities, but you can make sure your hotel has certain amenities by only purchasing one with that show the amenities that you're seeking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]