Priceline Hotel: Question from a newbie

cfwler
By cfwler,
in

I'm looking at a specific hotel in Trenton, NJ.. From what I could tell there are only 2 that come up with the search.. One is 2 stars, the other is 3 stars (the one I'm looking at). The going price on their website is 99.00/night.. It WAS 79/night just yesterday.. What would be a good starting bid price for me to enter into priceline? How much is TOO much?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From what I could tell there are only 2 that come up with the search
How are you determining that these are the only two hotels offered in the area? If you're using priceline's non-opaque (ie- retail product where the names of hotels are shown) then see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What hotel is it that you're hoping for?

If you'd still like to bid for this stay let us know the date(s) of your stay and we'll have a closer look.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you look at Priceline's map of the area which includes Trenton, you'll see that the boundaries are much larger than just the city limits of Trenton... there are certainly more 3* properties in this area then just the Marriott you reference above.

Are you able to accept a hotel anywhere within this zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just a word of caution... this zone is about 40 miles long, so you could end up a significant distance from your desired location.

How much would you need to save over a conventional booking to make the potential inconenience worthwhile? (ie- what is your maximum bid). Are you looking for a 3* minimum?

Let us know the above and we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]