Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Hyatt Regency

lookup
By lookup,
in

How come there seems to be almost no postings for accepted bids for the SFC area in September? I am about to bid for hotels for September 3th-12th in both the SFO Airport and downtown Union Square areas.

Is it because there are not many bids being accepted around that time? Is September a busy time? Just wondering where the wins are!

I see quite a few wins in these zones for September... if you need help with a bidding strategy let us know your minimum star rating and maximum bid (as well as if there is a zone preference or if your goal is least expensive of the three) and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see quite a few wins in these zones for September... if you need help with a bidding strategy let us know your minimum star rating and maximum bid (as well as if there is a zone preference or if your goal is least expensive of the three) and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

thank-you

thank-you

Went through the SavingsBarn link ( of course!) and got

Hyatt Regency SFC Airport

Fri, Sep 7 -Sun, Sep 9

Per night :$60.00

Subtotal:$120.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$25.19

Total :$145.19

then rushed to get the thursday night! (big mistake) and overpaid for the following (going once again through the SavingsBarn link)

Sheraton SF Airport

600 Airport Blvd

Thu, Sep 6, 2007 -Fri, Sep 7

Subtotal:$90.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$20.57

Total :$110.57

Thank-you to this great board for steering me wisely! Even when I go nuts like some beginner and pay $90!!!!!!!! FOR THE AIRPORT!!!!

Glad we could help...

Could you please post your second win for the Sheraton as a NEW TOPIC. This will enable us to reflect each win in the topic title of the respective thread, and we're also in development/testing for a new feature for the board (maybe a month away??) which to work properly, requires that there only be one win per thread.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went through the SavingsBarn link ( of course!) and got

Hyatt Regency SFC Airport

Fri, Sep 7 -Sun, Sep 9

Per night :$60.00

Subtotal:$120.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$25.19

Total :$145.19

then rushed to get the thursday night! (big mistake) and overpaid for the following (going once again through the SavingsBarn link)

Sheraton SF Airport

600 Airport Blvd

Thu, Sep 6, 2007 -Fri, Sep 7

Subtotal:$90.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$20.57

Total :$110.57

Thank-you to this great board for steering me wisely! Even when I go nuts like some beginner and pay $90!!!!!!!! FOR THE AIRPORT!!!!

Have you heard of Priceline's "add a night" feature? If not, you can add additional night(s) to an existing reservation as long as they are consecutive dates (as is the case of your situation). The nice feature is that Priceline will keep you at the same hotel, provided the hotel has given Priceline inventory for the newly requested night(s) and at the same price of your winning bid. It beats switching hotels!

ya I tried to "add a night" thanks for the suggestion. It came back with a counter offer of $215 a night. Weekends are easy to get - the thursday night was tricky! Now I am at two hotels a miles apart! Not ideal but at least i have a great place to sleep.

Did you try bidding the three nights together before you split your bid?

oh absolutely!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]