Priceline Hotel: Vegas Off Strip on a Sunday-Monday

rem97
By rem97,
in

Hola. This is my first post... I'm glad to find this site, very informative and helpful.

So, going to Vegas for a concert that happens Sunday October 28, 2007. We'll stay 2 nights (Sunday and Monday night). My brother and I are planning to drive from Arizona (stopping in Sedona and Flagstaff en route).

As for the Vegas portion, we don't necessarily need to be smack dab in the middle of the strip nor have a luxury room. All we need is a cool, fun spot at a price that allows us to take advantage of a Sunday-Monday night stay.

Hard Rock, for instance, would be great. Hell, the Westin would be fine, too, as we'll have a car.

Price is the key... anyway we could get away with a $75 bid at any of the hotels I'm mentioned?

Thanks again for everyone who takes part on this thread.

Thanks for the welcome and you are correct in your assessment.

Essentially, I'm wondering what the best weekday rate could be on or near the Strip.

For instance, I can book The Orleans for $90/night or Flamingo for $107 avg/night.

So my thinking is, if I could get something similar to the Flamingo (great for location, average for room) in the $55-$75 range.

I don't *need* a four-star hotel, but if I can make it happen on a Sunday & Monday night, that'd be great too.

Has your experience been that a great strip (or near strip) hotel can be found in the $60 range when staying Sunday or Monday nights? (I realize conventions and other factors play a role, too.)

Thanks in advance for any strategy suggestions.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones (NOTE: Summerlin is NOT one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Convention Center-UNLV...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Strip and South Strip...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Strip and South Strip and Convention Center-UNLV...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected we can then move on to a strategy for a 3* property.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Allright, this was quite fun. I followed your advice on the first two steps but then stopped at a $60 max bid. I realized I could stay at the Hampton Inn Henderson for $29/night. (Yes, it faaaar away from the Strip but just 3 miles from the stadium where the concert I'm going to is being held.)

I decided that $60 bid wud be my cap (which means I may just be staying in Henderson unless I go to 3* hotels).

So, two questions:

1) What is your advice for 3* bidding?

and

2) Priceline came back with my first ever counteroffer of $103/night for a 4* on either the North or South Strip. Now, seeing as how I could book that now at the Flamingo, I declined. But it was an interesting development. I mean, if it means I could successfully land, say, MGM GRand, Monte Carlo, TI or NYNY for $103, that would be a pretty good deal. Of course, a West at a $35 discount might not be such a great deal.

So... what would you do with this information? Armed with the knowledge that I could probably get a 4* on my dates for $103... would you go $75 or so?

It was very cool to have your information and strategy to use... I'll use this site's links from now on.

Thanks in advance... much appreciated.

You have to decide what you want from this stay... you have the information on approximately what prices it will take at each star level, but you have to make a decision as far as if you want to spend a little extra money for a little nicer hotel. That is something which is personal prefernce based upon expectations and budget.

Note that if you do book direct, we also are an affilate of the Hampton Inn if you go that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]