Priceline Hotel: Resort Westin Maui For $125 Need Help For Oct 15 to 19

mryang
By mryang,
in

Hi all,

I've seen alot of people who've successfully bid $125 for Westin Maui Resort.

Was wondering if you guys can give me a heads up on this bidding process.

So far, rejected initial bid of $120 and rebid of $125 by selecting Kihel (which doesn't have resort).

What should I do next?

Thanks

The Westin Maui's booking engine appears to currently be down... i couldn't get rates for any nite in October that i searched for.

Bump this thread in 24 hours and we'll be in a better position to advise.

Any Advice on this issue? I have tired a few times, nothing going so far.

Thanks

It appears that the Westin is sold-out for your dates above, so receiving that hotel at $125/nite is not a high probability.

Do you want to continue to try to bid for this stay? If so, which zone(s) are you willing to accept, what is your maximum bid and minimum star rating... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think this is going to be a tough win at $160 or less, to give it a try...

You have one re-bid zone available when bidding Resort in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, if I want to get the Hyatt Regency Maui which price line lists at $369 per night, what price range do you think would win with a bid. It seems there is only 3 resorts in this area (according to priceline), with this one being the cheapest.

Thanks.

After doing some research and reading horror stories with some other places, I am defintely willing to up the price. Maybe $200 to $220 range.

You can not bid for a specific hotel, and bidding higher may get you a hotel you don't want and paying too much for it. See this thread for more info: Don't Bid Higher For a Specific Hotel.

If there are hotels you're trying to target or avoid HOTWIRE may be a better option (although still no guarantees)

Even thought this is priceline forum, but I was wondering if you can help with this hotwire hotel ID.

3-star hotel in Ka'anapali for October 14th to 19th @149 per night.

Hotel Amenities

* Beach Front

* Restaurant(s)

* Golf Nearby

* Tennis Nearby

TripAdvisor Rating 4 out of 5, 140+ Reviews, last review Aug 2007

Thanks

thereuare,

Thanks for all the help, in the end, I just can't workout any thing with Priceline's bidding. My final offer at $250 per night was rejected.

Was thinking of using hotwire, but didn't want to take a chance on some of the resorts/hotels that had conflicting reviews on tripadvisor.

In the end I used an travel agency that was able to get me Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas Studio Island View Condo @ $1200 for the week. In fact, I will only be staying for 6 Nights, ie my nightly rate would be $200 instead of $171 ish. But it was still the best rate I could find for this quality of resort. I also liked the fact that there is no extra resort fees, free parking and so on. We will see how this goes, keeping my finger crossed for a good stay. This will be our first trip to Hawaii, and from all things, it looks like its going to be an awesome vacation.

Once again, i wanted to say that all your effort was very much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]