NY Albany Holiday Inn Airport

wliwlCindy
By wliwlCindy,
in

Stayed at this hotel on 8/18/07 with a Priceline bid of $70 each for two rooms. (Pretty expensive, but I was desperate.) Both rooms had 2 double beds. Somehow, double beds seem so old-fashioned in hotels now a days, however it was what I requested.

This hotel is just OK. It lacks the upscale feeling of Marriott bedding, and the rooms in general are dated. The TV didn't work (remote control broken, picture fuzzy). Bathroom had the mandatory mold in the shower (why don't hotels know about bleach?!). Carpet was OK. Sheets were tired, but at least it had a fitted sheet on the beds (one of my pet peeves). Hotel was quiet, in spite of several weddings going on.

The pool in this hotel is fairly amazing, and looked like fun, although we did not use it.

This hotel is on a strip with every conceivable chain store and restaurant. We did not use any of the facilities there, except to buy a cup of coffee in the gift shop. (No free coffee unless you want to make it in your room.)

For 3* the Marriott on Wolf Rd is a better property by far.

I'm probably not the first person to come to this conclusion, but really, bidding on 2 1/2* seems to bring up much better properties than the 3* these days. You usually get much newer hotels, and free breakfast.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]