OR Portland Hotle Monaco Downtown

mucsea2003
By mucsea2003,
in

What a wonderful hotel:

Check in: very friendly, no mention of Priceline, complimentary upgrade to a suite on the top floor.

Parking: very expensive ($23). We therefore stayed at the SmartPark garage on 4th and Alder which is 2 blocks away and costs $5 a day on the weekends and you can even have your card validated when you purchase things at virtually any store downtown. This will take $1 off the parking ticket for every validation.

Room: very nice, spacious suite with a sliding door separating the living room from the bedroom. Tasteful furniture. Great view on Mt Hood from the 10th floor. Aveda amenities as mentioned before. Starbucks coffee in room. Also complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby every morning. Complimentary high speed internet. Complimentary shoe shine.

Wine tastings: Every day 5-6pm in the lobby. 4 different wines (Oregon, California, Washington). Very nice, got quite crowded.

Staff: Everybody was very friendly and helpful.

Location: Walking distance to everything downtown or in the Pearl district.

We would definitely come back to this hotel, not only via Priceline.

We did not try room service or the restaurant.

• 2 years later...

We enjoyed the Hotel Monaco. The room was a queen deluxe. I am not sure if they have variation in room sizes for priceline/non-priceline hotels. Ours was on the seventh floor in the back (far away from elevator) and I can't remember what we saw out the window. There was a lot of light when we got to the room at 6pm.

The bed was comfortable and I really like the new style of using a duvet cover versus a bedspread. If I was staying for more than 1 night I would use the closet more because otherwise you'd be tripping on bags left out on the floor (ie. not a huge amount of space around the bed. TV was a normal TV around 30" size. For now only the king size rooms list a plasma tv/dvd player in room. Robes were a nice touch but did seem to have been around for a while. I may not agree with combinations of wallpaper, carpet, and tiling but that is just my own personal preference.

Our room wasn't ready at 4:30 when we arrived because of late checkouts by a visiting basketball team. They immediately offered us 2 complimentary drinks and 2 snacks at Red Star Lounge (most of the people in the lounge were guests who couldn't get their rooms). We were also informed that after having a snack, they were having a social hour from 5-6. Our room was ready when we checked after the social hour. Social hour was busy but they had a good selection (ran out of red wine by the end as there were a lot of people). Complimentary art supplies was a nice touch and the lobby area for the social was very comfortable with many couches to sit on. They only mentioned priceline once during checkin.

This was a nice hotel and I'd use again. I'd hope for another priceline visit to a Kimpton property (and at this hotel) but will look for Kimpton rooms for future visits in other cities (and be willing to pay normal rates).

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]