Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown West) Hilton

misterpei
By misterpei,
in

hi, we are a family of five (kids 19,16, 5) and will be on vacation in the Toronto area from Aug 25th to Sept 1.....we usually stay in the suburbs with family for most of the stay , but like downtown and like to stay there a couple of nites....I have heard a lot about priceline and hotwire and like most love a deal.....not sure really how it all works and am scared to get something we dont like...we have stayed at the Fairmont Royal York and love it, but am willing to take a chance...we like that area, right downtown.....how does this work for five?...can u bid on larger rooms or mini-suites?...any help would be greatly appreciated...probably would want to stay down roughly aug 28-30th......wpuld probably like at lease 4 star, I am thinking....

hi, we are a family of five (kids 19,16, 5) and will be on vacation in the Toronto area from Aug 25th to Sept 1.....we usually stay in the suburbs with family for most of the stay , but like downtown and like to stay there a couple of nites....I have heard a lot about priceline and hotwire and like most love a deal.....not sure really how it all works and am scared to get something we dont like...we have stayed at the Fairmont Royal York and love it, but am willing to take a chance...we like that area, right downtown.....how does this work for five?...can u bid on larger rooms or mini-suites?...any help would be greatly appreciated...probably would want to stay down roughly aug 28-30th......wpuld probably like at lease 4 star, I am thinking....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters... you can't "safely" use priceline or hotwire for a group of 5 if you only intend to get one room. Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, while HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy. Some take the risk and it turns out OK, others have had to buy additional rooms (although this is usually for booking triple or quad occupancy when only double occupancy is booked... i think the risk increases when seeking occupancy for 5 since many standard hotels rooms don't accomodate that many).

However, sometimes two rooms thru the opaque providers can be less expensive than one room book thru conventional methods, so that is definately something worth considering.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed or any questions regardging the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we like right downtown

To get a hotel at less than half price you need to give up something. In the case of the opaque suppliers, it's giving up the exact location of your hotel.

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the pre-defined zone? (and note that one of your rooms would be for triple occupancy) HOTWIRE does split this area into an East and West zone so that, as well as trying to ID the property beforehand, may be able to give you a better idea of where the hotel will be located (but sitll no guarantees)

Let us know how you'd like proceed... if you decide to book direct please note that we have links to most major hotel chains in our Support Page

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i may just try one of them (priceline ot hotwire) .....because we may only be able to stay one nite downtown because of family committments...I already set up an acccount on priceline and bid 50 for downtown with no luck...they are showin hotels for in the 80-90 range on hotwire for that date, but I cant figure it out....thx already for the helkp...this is fun and kind of exicting

h...I am trying to identify 2 Toronto Hotels for the night of Aug 28/07....

1) 4-star hotel in Downtown Toronto West

Fitness centre, pool, restaurant , Business centre , High-Speed internet.........price $66

2) 4-star hotel in Downtown Toronto East

Fitness centre, restaurant , Business centre , High-Speed internet....price $89

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The East hotel is a match for both the Cambridge Suites and the Sutton, so either of those would be our best guess. For the West hotel it matches the Hilton, Inter-Continental, and the Renaisance, so either of those would be our best guess for those.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

thanx already for the help....here is what i did.....I finally read up more and learned how to use priceline for downtown Toronto....as u can keep rebidding for a 4 star, as there are no other 4 stars offered by priceline in the other areas ....I take it....I figured priceline downtown 4 start was probably Intercontinetal or Sheraton, both which I liked..i thought this option was better than hotwire as one of the possibilites for downtown, I dont like (renaissance) .......I put in for 2 rooms, as I figured this would still save me $$$$, and give me lots of room for my family....win, win.....but what a battle !!!!!...I kept increasing from 65 ....now at 72 still no go , for nite of august 29........I could shift to our 2nd choice of Aug 27th, but wed nite suited better, kinda breaking up the week staying with people........i think I will sleep on it, see if any advice here

plus here is hotwire for Aug 29th....

4 star downtown west....fitnes centre, pool, restaurant, business centre, high-speed.........$69 (Renaissance,Hilton and Inter-Continental ????)

4 star downtown east....fitness centre, restaurant, business centre, high-speed................$90 (cambridge suites , sutton ???)

maybe , I should keep biidin on priceline for aug 29th, unless famliy want to shift to aug 27th....

unless someone thinks my guesses for hotwire is wrong......as there is one in each area...renaissance for west, sutton for east that I dont really want............thx again for all help

maybe admin will move this thread ...as I bought on Hotwire ....and I used the link from here....I bought the 4 star Downtown West for 66 dollars....wow !!!!...it even dropped.........I couldnt get priceline for what I wanted , so I switched over...I thought it might be the Intercontintal , but it turned out to be the Hilton.....and since reading the reviews I am pumped up....a 4 star hotel in downtown Toronto for 66 bucks...are u kiddin me?????...grerat location , and even Ruth Chris steakhouse within , where I have ate numerous times.......

I got 2 rooms cheaper than 1 room last year.....I love this board.....and I WILL be back...for sure.....thanx esp to thereuare for patience and help....

Summary........Hilton Toronto - 2 rooms . $66 per room.....August 27/2007

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were successful and are happy with the results.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase (and confirm your dates since they changed mid-thread). You can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

I will gladly add the details....hopefully to help others....did I mention that this exercise is FUN...lol..

much more fun wheeling and dealing and researching than just booking a room.....plus a great deal...win win situation...

here are the details....

2 rooms for one night Aug 27/07

Downtown Toronto West...$66.........4 Star

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s

High-speed Internet Access

Business Center

Tripadvisor ratings 4/5.......over 70 reviews

This led me to believe from other posts...Hilton, Renaissance or Inter-Continental Toronto (on Bloor St) ........I then knew (and hoped...lol) that it wasn't the Renaissance as it has a 3.5 Tripadvisor rating ...I was thinking it was the Inter-Continental because it was 4/5 with 71 reviews....Hilton 4/5 with 97 reviews.....but, another post mentioned that the Tripadvisor ratings might be old, so I should have known..it was the Hilton ...but I am very pleased...it worked out fine...thanx again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]