CA San Francisco Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

clerky96
By clerky96,
in

We stayed in this hotel in June and were very pleased. The room was large and roomy enough for 4 women. It is very near all the Fishermans Wharf sites. They have a great continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. They do not have a pool on the premises, but the Holiday Inn is 1 block away, and all guests of the Holiday Inn Express can use their pool facilities. We would not hesitate to stay with them again.

• 1 year later...

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel. We stayed from Aug 19 - Aug 26, 2008. The entire staff were wonderful, the room was clean and a good size (we had 2 double beds for our family of four) and the hotel's decor was clean and fresh. The front desk staff were helpful, the cleaning staff did an excellent job cleaning our room daily and the breakfast staff did a fine job of replenishing food during an always hectic breakfast. The breakfast was excellent with a number of different choices (both hot and cold food available). One of my daughters' suffers from asthma. Unfortunately we could not be guaranteed a non smoking room through Hotwire in advance. However I contacted the Hotel on the morning of our arrival to request a non smoking room and upon our arrival later that day they had met my request and our non smoking room was ready for us(before 3 p.m. check-in) Our only concern would be the room location given to us. The room faced Beach St. and the F Line Streetcar roars by on Beach St. starting around 5:00 a.m. The Hotel's sound insulation was good but we often were still awakened by the sound of the streetcar in the morning. However for the price we paid for the room ($59.00 per night) I most certainly thought we got excellent value! The location in Fisherman's Wharf was excellent with easy access to public transit (both Cable Cars and the streetcar line). We rented a car for 3 of our 7 day stay and were able to find overnight street parking near the hotel every night which allowed us to save about $40 per night had we parked the car in the Hotel garage. My wife and I are both runners and we used the Hotel's fitness facility. As well it was a short run from the Hotel to the waterfront where we could run along the Embarcadero for several miles without worrying about vehicular traffic. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Fisherman's Wharf. I would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel to Hotwire users!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]