Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Sofitel Montreal

mucsea2003
By mucsea2003,
in

I am trying to find acommodation in Montreal from 7/17 to 7/24. I will be attending a conference there and so will a few thousand other people. So it might not be easy to get a good deal.

I want to stay in the Montreal downtown zone. Star level is not that important, everything 2.5 and above will do.

Here is what I did so far:

4* $75 rejected,

$80 rejected (free rebid)

$85 rejected (free rebid), had one more but stopped.

3* $50 rejected, no free rebids.

The vacation package for this week brings up the Sofitel as the cheapest 4*. The price in-/decreases by $109 if I add a day or take one away. Same for 3* and tyhe Crowne Plaza at $84. Whatever that indicates. :)

Expedia shows the Hilton Bonaventure (4*) at $198, the Omni at $188-216 and the Sofitel at $244.

The Crowne Plaza can be had for $127-$130, the Marriott shows sold out.

Any suggestions?

I haven't tried 2.5* yet since I am a little concerned about the Residence Inn Westmount being a litlle bit out of the way.

I think the nite of the 17th or the nite of the 17th and 18th are preventing your 4* bid above from being accepted.

Are you willing to SPLIT THE BID at this point in time? No rush to do so as perhaps inventory will open up as the convention date draws near... but inventory could also dry up if the convention is a large one so reserve a cancellable back-up reservation if you decide to wait!

If you decide to split the bid you can bid again immediately since the dates are different than your recently rejected bid. You could actually bid first for 7/18-7/24 and if that is rejected you could bid again immediately for 7/19-7/24 (or swap this ordering depending upon if you'd like to move after one nite or two).

If your not willing to split the bid, there is a 3.5* on Hotwire for $95 which i believe to be the Le Cantile Suites. This is a bit higher than usual for this star rating in this area, and i couldn't find any info about it on the web (but the pictures look nice :) ), but if the location is good perhaps the suite atmosphere would be worth the extra cost given this is a long stay?

Let us know what you think/decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the suggestions. I decided I could take a red-eye flight to Montreal and try 7/18-7/24 without having to split my bid. Unfortunately to no avail. 4* was rejected up to $85, 3* at $55.

Did you assume that Saturday night would have a higher rate based on any of the published rates or was that a general observation for Montreal/summer?

I am not sure about Hotwire, I would probably first try to get up to $95 for a 4* on Priceline.

And I don't think I want to wait since this could be a pretty big conference (8000-10000) and also I want to have my things booked.

I saw someone on TOBB had gotten the 4*Sofitel for some of my dates for $90. So I added my last rebid zone and upped my bid and got the same thing :) :

Check-In Date: Sunday, July 18, 2004

Check-Out Date: Saturday, July 24, 2004

Sofitel Montreal

1155 Sherbrooke West

Montreal, Quebec H3A2N3

514-285-9000

$90.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 6

Subtotal: $540.00 (US dollars)

Taxes and Service Fees: $63.58 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $603.58 (US dollars)

Thank you for your help thereuare, and can you change the topic title? I don't know how to.

It might not be the best rate, but I was not going to wait longer.

Interesting though that the vacation package had the Sofitel as the cheapest 4* at $109 for the entire length of the stay. Can we learn anything from that? Probably not!

Keep up the great work on this site!!!

Hmm, I actually think I could have gotten the 17th for $90 as well, but I don't think i will go out and try! :)

Thanx again, and I hope it will be a good conference. And Montreal in July shouldn't be too shabby either. Never been there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

lots of options for montreal.

you could take an evening walk down st. denis street in the latin quarter, lots of sidewalk bistros and funky shops. a stroll through the old town/port is nice. i enjoyed seeing the stunning interior of notre dame basilica. the botanical gardens are lovely and quite scenic. check out the views from mont-royale. take the subway to parc jean-drapeau and see the biosphere (geodesic dome). the metro is an excellent way to get around the city -- safe, clean and fast.

montreal is a beautiful city.

My travel pics from last year (chicago, toronto & montreal)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]