Priceline Hotel: 4* Dallas (Airport DFW North) Westin

smbearden
By smbearden,
in

I am new to using Priceline and seem to not be doing something right. I placed a bid for a 3* hotel in the Hurst/Bedford/Euless area for 8/15-8/17. My initial bid was $40 and it was rejected. I took some of the tips I learned off this forum and put them to use with no success and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

After my initial bid was rejected, I added a new bid zone that I knew did not have any 3* hotels and changed my bid to $44 and we rejected again. I did this 4 more times, upping my bid each time and the last bid I offered was $58, all were rejected. I never got a counter offer from PL and I used all the zones that we were willing to travel to and I am not willing to lower my star rating. So, I just stopped bidding and thought I would wait the 24 hours and try to bid again. Well, it has been more than 24 hours and PL still will not let me bid again because they say I have already bid this area. Am I doing something wrong? I need help as we are traveling in 4 days.

Well, it sounds like you were doing everything correctly. It's entirely possible that there is very little inventory available for the dates, quality level and zones that you were bidding and whatever IS available is at a higher price than you're offering.

As for the problem with waiting 24 hours, when they say "24 hours", they mean EXACTLY 24 hours after the last bid you made in that particular area. So, for example, if you started bidding at 7:00pm and finished your last bid at 7:15pm, you would be able to bid again after 7:15pm the following day. If you did something like bid a couple of times at 7pm, thought about it a bit, bid again, thought about it some more and finally finished your bidding at 11:00pm, you would have to wait until after 11:00pm the following day to bid for those zones again.

I hope this helps.

AND, to be exact, if using rebid zones, your next offer can only be made 24h after the last offer that included ONE of the zones.

Example: Today, you bid for zone A, and add B and C. Tomorrow, you try again in zones A and D. Since this bid includes your initial zone A, the next bid only for zone A can be made 24h after your last bid tomorrow (one would assume that you can bid only for A again tomorrow already). On the other hand, 24h after your last bid today, you could already bid for zones A+B, A+C, A+B+C.

I hope this is clear :)

Used link on SavingsBarn.com

Bid $38, rejected. Re-bid adding increments of $3-$5 and other zones that did not have 4*, all rejected.

48 hours later, bid the exact same bid, zone Dallas (DFW Airport North), at $42 and was rejected. Re-bid adding increments of $2 and other zones that did not have 4*.

Bid was accepted at $52

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]