DC Marriott Washington Westend

nilkaya
By nilkaya,
in

We definitely got the priceline room...Our room was next to the emergency stairs and housekeeping and was shorter at least 3 ft than the rest of the rooms. Our window looked to the office building next door.

The room was nicely appointed with bright greens and yellows. The furniture looked inviting, I spent an afternoon skimming the book, "The Spirit to Serve," written by J. W. Marriott. One night before we stayed at the Marriott Dulles and the same book was placed next to the bible...

The room had hairdryer, ironing board, iron, TV, alarm clock, and a desk...

When I checked in I requested a king size bed, but was told only rooms with queen bed or two full-size bed were available.

Parking is $20 per night.

• 1 year later...

I had a very similar experience. I asked for a non-smoking room, king-size bed but all they had was a smoking with king-size bed. I settled for the queen (non-smoking). The queen looked smaller than a normal queen, but it was very comfortable.

The room itself was very small but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but had nice marble countertops. But overall, it's a 3-star (vs. 4-star.)

Overall, it was a good experience (especially for $60/night). It was never loud and we slept great. The location is great - 3 blocks to the Foggy Bottom/GWU metro station (easy to find, too).

• 1 month later...

I was here in late June also on a $60 bid. I didn't ask for specific bedding at check-in, only for a non-smoking room and had no problem getting that. The room was just fine, very typical Marriott and had a standard if small-ish bathroom. I put photos at realhotelphotos.com. The gym here is rather good; I didn't try the pool. The location is convenient to the Kennedy Center (but too far to walk in one of DC's many heatwaves)

• 4 years later...

We stayed here in August, 2010. The hotel is located about halfway between the Foggy Bottom/GWU and Dupont Circle Metro stations. Our station selection depended on which Metro line was the most convenient to our destination. It a largely residential neighborhood. Although there wasn't too much in terms of restaurants on the immediate block, there were many establishments within a few blocks walking distance. The greatest concentration of retail shops were located on major thoroughfares within a 10-15 minute walk.

Most of the travel sites categorize this hotel as a 3.5 star property...which we think is right. It didn't quite have the "fit and finish" of a 4 star hotel but we were very pleased with our stay here. It represented a good value compared to some nearly properties.

It appears the building is about 35 years old, and the rooms and lobby were redecorated within the last 5 years. Our room was average size, on the top floor, overlooking a side street. It was clean and in good repair. It was decorated in the usual Marriott scheme of pale yellow and gold with bright red accents...the usual Marriott "climbing vine" carpeting...all of which is quite attractive for a chain hotel. The bed was very comfortable. Although the walls were lined with beautiful gold marble, the bathroom was small and rather cramped.

The lobby was divided into several "zones:" a very contemporary look with modern lines and bright color accents.

Most of the staff were very friendly. A member of the front desk staff was particularly helpful making last minute adjustments when our flight was canceled.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]