Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Torrey Pines Hilton

brie
By brie,
in

I would like to try to reduce my expenses in San Diego by using priceline, but my family is really pushing for a pool. I was thinking that if I restrict to a 4* in the Coronado or Coastal areas, I'd probably be OK. Are there any known 4*s in those regions without a pool? Are there other areas I should look at? I realize that there are no guarantees, but I am willing to take a small risk for a big savings; I just want to minimize my risk and maximize my odds!

[There are 4 of us, so I will be bidding for 2 rooms as I'm unwilling to take *that* risk.]

Thanks!!!

Well, if you stick to those areas you're pretty much "guaranteed" a pool as far as I can tell. Of all the 4* hotels that have shown up in those areas ALL seem to have nice swimming pools. Looks to me like you could land one of the Hilton or Hyatt properties for around $50-60!!!

DeltaPurser :)

Gotta get 2 rooms. Maybe this is silly and I won't get anything, but it can't hurt to try. I have a backup booked, but it's too much $ and not where I want to stay. (It *is* cancelable until the last minute, though.)

What do you think it would take to get 2 rooms with a pool in a decent place for those dates?

Just got Torrey Pines Hilton 2 rooms 4 nights $54/night.

Bid on San Diego Coronado and Coastal 4* (didn't care which I won) for $40 (with that sweet message that tells you that you have only a small chance....) Used free rebids (there are lots for 4* in SD) at $45, $49, and $54.

Congratulations, you got your price of $54 for a 4-star hotel room.

Torrey Pines Hilton

Check-In Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Check-Out Date: Saturday, August 14, 2004

San Diego Coastal

10950 North Torrey Pines Rd

La Jolla,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]