Priceline Hotel: Montreal - Looking for Separate Bedroom w/Living Room

JBlue
By JBlue,
in

Hi,

Could anyone help me?

I am looking for a room that has either a small kitchen/living room(pullout) w/separate bedroom. In downtown Montreal.

I remember 5 years ago I stayed at a place that had a kitchen living room w a closed off bedroom but I can't remember the name.

I have looked @ Novotel and that seems to be a great location. Anyone know if I can bid on Suites and how that would work?

I am a newbie on here.

Thank you.

You are possibly thinking of the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Montreal on Rene Levesque Blvd? I always stay there - all the suites have kitchens. Half the rooms have a single large room with the beds and the kitchenette, while other rooms have the bedroom in it's own room with a door, and a living room with kitchentte (the living room sofa is usually a pull-out bed).

Fantastic hotel. My partner and I always stay there now - although their prices have gone up a bit, likely as a result of its popularity.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am planing a trip to MOntreal and need a room for 3 nights (separate beds/suites a +)

I have read the FAQ on Priceline and it notes one must bid w/$xx amount for certain star ratings. However the hotel name and location is not disclosed.

I am little confused. On this forum i see specific hotels (ie NOVOTEL) and also increasing bids and rebidding after 24 hour.

Am i going to the right place in price line? However when I goto priceline > name your own price link > ex$55 it then warns me of having to commit to the hotel if they can find a room @ that price.

I reallu would like Novotel but not sure which location in priceline i need to go and bid and rebid (counter offers etc). Should i make an account first? or go via links?

help would be greatly appreciated. thx

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There are FAQ on this board but this one: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire may be a good start.

Bottom line with priceline is:

You cannot bid for a specific hotel, just an area and star level in a particular city.

With the experince of past wins posted on the board we have compiled a Priceline Hotel List of likely hotels you may win. Read the top paragraph of the list carefully.

All you have to do on this board is:

State Where you want to go >>Montreal>>

Which area >> Downtown???>>

Your star level >>3*?? >>

Your maximum bid >> 55USD ???>> Don't forget added to the bid are taxes + PL fee so the total to pay is about 10% more.

When and how long you want to stay >>>???>>>

We (well theruare) will provide a bidding strategy and adice.

Simple.

Thanks for the info.. I plan on going later this month for 3 nights. HOwever I wanted one room with 2 beds. I have read by default they will give me a KING bed and charge extra for 2 queens. Could someone suggest best course of action on getting 2 beds?

If not I would love to get a SUITE.

One more thing. Am I going to the right track. Priceline > name your price link?

if I have a higher max price can I deny certain hotels? I mean if I enter max bid of $80/night what stops priceline of giving me the least desirable hotel with a 3 * ratings? I have read bid reject and counter offer... is this part of my bidding process?

I plan on going later this month for 3 nights
If you'd like help you'll need to include the actual date(s) of your stay.
I wanted one room with 2 beds. I have read by default they will give me a KING bed and charge extra for 2 queens.
You can't guarantee this with Priceline. Not sure where you read you'll get a King by default, as my experience is that it could be be any configuration which can accomodate double occupancy.
Could someone suggest best course of action on getting 2 beds?
Use HOTWIRE searching for triple occupancy (2adults/1child, 3adults, 2adults/2children, etc). This will ensure sleeping accomodations for as many as you include in your search... ensuring separate beds for the two (i'm assuming) of you. However, in some situations the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofa or a rollaway.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]