Priceline Hotel: 4 in a room in London

newnhambolton
By newnhambolton,
in

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children (3 years old and 9 months old). So obviously the children cannot be in different room from us. Has anyone used priceline to book one double room in london? and what exactly is a double room?

I know in London that there are executive doubles, which come with 2 queen size bed. so perfect for us. Do these ever come up on priceline?

How strict are they with health and safety? That is what if just dad checked in and mum sneaked the kids in while no-one was looking. We've got a travel cot for the baby and a lino for the 3 years old.

I've seen winning bids of around

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's a risk, one which only you can decide if you wish to take... but i'll add that for a recent family trip to Europe i chose not to take the risk (and we were one less than you... two adults and one 2 year old). Priceline wins are for 'standard rooms' which are only guaranteed to accomdate double occupancy. Even if 'upgraded' rooms sometimes did come up on priceline, you'd have no way of choosing that particular type of room only.

I think HOTWIRE is a much better option as they will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy (although you could probably search for 2adults/1child, excluding the baby who is 9 months old). It may cost you a little more than Priceline, but you'll also travel knowing that there will be no issues and that there will be enough space for everyone that yo included in your search.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and how we can further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We traveled to London in March 2006. Our boys were 5 and 6. The hotel we stayed at "Thistle Marble Arch" was very adament that we needed two rooms. Upon arrival I could see why. Double rooms are just two twin beds. We booked our room using priceline, but I got a great deal at $68 per night and booked two rooms. I then (two months in advance) e-mailed and called the hotel I needed two connecting rooms. When we checked in this proved to be great. We had four beds for four people and two baths all for $136 per night. It was like having a suite.

There was Marks and Spencer's nearby which allowed us to buy cereal, fruit, etc and the boys could have breakfast in the room each morning.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]