Priceline Hotel: 3* Albany (Airport ALB) Holiday Inn

wliwlCindy
By wliwlCindy,
in

Very interesting!!! I couldn't imagine why it was hard to get a hotel room in Albany on a Saturday night! LOL

We will have all my son's belongings in the car (he's moving to college in Worcester, MA) and I am hesitant to leave it in a downtown lot or garage overnight. We are leaving from Rochester very late Saturday due to other commitments and I don't want to drive straight through, but maybe we'll have to.

Thanks!!!

Hi Mike,

Well to further complicate matters I need two rooms because there will be 4 of us (including 2 adults and 2 BIG semi-adults haha). Last night I tried the following re-bids in Albany area:

$65 3* Alb Airport

$65 2 1/2* Alb Airport

$70 3* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 3*)

$70 2 1/2* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 2 1/2*) + Albany DT (no 2 1/2*)

$70 2 1/2* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 2 1/2*) + Albany DT (no 2 1/2*) + Latham

All rejected. I'm wondering if it doesn't matter at this point how much I bid, perhaps they just aren't doing Priceline for the weekend. Thanks again.

$65 3* Alb Airport

$65 2 1/2* Alb Airport

$70 3* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 3*)

$70 2 1/2* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 2 1/2*) + Albany DT (no 2 1/2*)

$70 2 1/2* Alb Airport + Schenectady (no 2 1/2*) + Albany DT (no 2 1/2*) + Latham

All rejected. I'm wondering if it doesn't matter at this point how much I bid, perhaps they just aren't doing Priceline for the weekend. Thanks again.

You may be right. Right now the Red Roof Inn by the airport is selling for about $120. That's how insane it is.

Take note, tho, that you have made a critical error in your re-bid strategy. If "Albany DT" refers to the Downtown zone, you can NOT safely use it as a rebid for 2.5* because you COULD be upgraded to 3* by priceline. To be safely used as a rebid zone, the zone you pick cannot have that star level NOR HIGHER levels. Downtown has 3* so it is not a safe rebid for 2.5*.

Tho this does answer our earlier question, since you have now effectively bid to $70 for 3* in the Downtown zone and have not won.

Another thing to consider. Have you thought about bidding for both Saturday AND Sunday night? Consider this scenario. You bid up to $70 for just Saturday. If you bid $35 for a two night stay, that would be the same overall cost. Nothing says you need to actually stay the second night. I bring this up because one other popular thing for hotels to do is not allow a one night Saturday stay - enforce a two night minimum. Something to consider.

And finally, thereuare is right, consider HOTWIRE. I did a search for ONE room for FOUR adults for Saturday night and got a 3* by the airport (not yet identified here) for $148. Not sure how they would accommodate four people. Two queen beds? Two double beds and a rollaway? Maybe that would work for you...?

Evidently there is still no availability for "normal" Priceline prices outside Albany downtown.

On 8/16/07 I bid for two rooms for Saturday, 8/18:

$55 3* Airport

$60 3* Airport + SUNY

$65 Airport + SUNY + Latham

And then a new bid:

$55 2 1/2* Airport

$60 2 1/2* Airport + SUNY

$65 2 1/2* Airport + SUNY + Latham

I have fall back full-price reservations in Worcester, but would much prefer to find cheap but decent (not the Best Western!) rooms outside Albany downtown.

I'll probably try tomorrow too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]