Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) Millenium Bostonian

lls138
By lls138,
in

Once again Boston is a tough one....

Started at 4*

Downtown at $75

added Copley at $80

Free rebids on Brighton, Medford, and S. Boston up to $95 with nothing

Closed browser and tried again at 3* using same above algorithmn and nothing to $95

I know there is a Liver Meeting conference at the Hynes Center and they are occupying most of the 4* Hotels in those areas at $275/night and listings are looking to be >$250 elsewhere in this area.

My backup is the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston reserved for $103/night but I'd like to be closer to the action (Downtown or Copley).

Any ideas?

I'll likely re-try and go up to $120. But much beyond $130 that might be too pricey for my blood i'll have to live with the inconvenience of being a subway ride away.

Used Savingsbarn.com for the lil' ones out there.

It is a 3.5 star in Quincy market with fitness center and restaurant only.....could this be the millenium boston? If so, that is a good deal at $109...hotel is $279 on the website.

I think I'll try Priceline again to $109 on 4* and 3* and if not successful, then I'll take this offer if still available tommorrow.

What do you think?

I continued my algorthimn 1 day later....

4*

Started at Downtown at $98

Added Copley at $101

Added Brighton $104

Added Medford $107

Added S. Boston $109

Closed Browser

3*

Started at Downtown at $98

Added Copley at $101

Added Brighton $104

Added Medford $107

Added S. Boston $109

Unsuccessful with the above...

Went over to Hotwire (using Savingsbarn.com, again) and completed purchase of the back 3.5* Hotel in Financial District listed at $109 which ended up being the ....Millenium Bostonian Hotel

See Hotwire posting.

Moral of the story....Priceline is great, but not the only game in town for a deal. Be sure to not only look here, but use the standard websites and Hotwire for comparisons.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please note, as per the above, that for hotwire we now have our own HOTWIRE link... please use or own link for any future purchases.

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]