Hotwire Hotel: 3* Phoenix (Chandler-South Tempe) Grace Inn

dmbfanjj
By dmbfanjj,
in

I'm looking for a decent hotel for my parents who are visiting me in Arizona.

They will need a room from 10/11/07-10/15/07, and I have found $44/night in Chandler/S.Tempe and $52/night in Mesa for 3-star hotels. The mesa hotel shows that it has:

fitness center, retaurant, laundry, pool, and business center.

It seems like the Holiday Inn in Mesa is their popular pick, but I do live here, and I know that hotel, and it's less than desirable. I've also noticed that the Hilton-Phoenix East Mesa is considered a 3-star in Mesa.

The Chandler/S.Tempe 3-star shows it as having: airport shuttle, restaurant, laundry, tennis, pool, business center, high-speed internet, and spa.

I just don't know how where that would be with the airport shuttle. I am near chandler/gilbert, so I don't want them all the way across chandler or mesa. Is there any way to narrow down the hotels for this time period and location? Any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 3* in Mesa is a match for the Holiday Inn so that would be our best guess. (the amenities don't match what has previously been reported for the Hilton)

As far as the Chandler property, nothing with this amenity combination has yet been reported, and it does seem odd that there is an Airport shuttle icon. My guess is that this is the Radisson, and since they have a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, they checked that box when informing HOTWIRE of the amenities they offered (not reading close enough that it specifically states Airport Shuttle).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking I will go with the Chandler one for $44/night and hope that it's the Radisson. It seems a little nicer than the Holiday Inn, which last time I drove by, all of the balconies that faced the main road were filled with old mattresses and other things. The Radisson is right by the I-10, which at least there are some things to do in the area. I was just weary of the Chandler area that Hotwire shows because of how far south it goes in the southwest corner of their map. I will probably book that for them tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again!

One suggestion if you're weary of the location...

You can do a search for the first (or last) nite of their stay and then search again for the balance of their stay. If the same hotel (based upon the star rating and amenities) appears for each part of their stay you could then purchase the individual nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'... if happy with the results then purchase the balance if the stay; if not make alternate plans for the balance of the stay.

If you do consider splitting the purchase like this, please use our HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- click our HOTWIRE link to make the first purchase... fi you're happy with the results return here and click the link again to begin the second purchase)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I booked it last night via the link you gave. We decided on Chandler for $43/night, and got the Grace Inn in Ahwatukee(A part of Chandler.) So I assume that if anyone sees a Chandler hotel on Hotwire that has Airport Shuttle, Spa, and Restaurant, then it will be the Grace Inn. It has 3 out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor.com, which is the same as the Radisson, and we drove by it today, and it looks pretty nice, older, but nice considering it was $43. Thanks again for your help on narrowing down the hotels for me, and hopefully this will help with others looking for a place in Chandler.

Thank you for giving it a shot and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Did you purchase the entire stay at this property or did you dip your toe in the water and only buy the first nite?

Hope you enjoy the time with your parents and they have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]