NY Buffalo-Niagara Falls Millennium Airport BUF

rv2843
By rv2843,
in

Came back from the hotel with BIG disappointment. Things that I don't like:

1: the hotel is really old

2: noise level is really high. The central vent is loud and there was not way to turn it off. I could hear the noise from bathroom, windows, everywhere. The motor/engine vibration has sneaked into the building structure. I felt like sleeping next to engine room.

If you go next time, take the lower floors.

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the 3* Buffalo Millennium Airport Hotel (Buffalo, NY) for

one night at $30 + 8 fees on Aug 19, 2007.

It's an older but acceptable hotel located conveniently next to I-90. Really, I would rank this a 2* rather than 3* hotel. Desk made no mention of priceline on check-in and gave me rooms on the 5th floor when I asked (I had read the 5th floor was upgraded

• 1 year later...

After reading many negative reviews of this hotel, I was rather spooked when it accepted my bid!

I figured the 'Priceline Rooms' were located on the 1st and 3rd floors, and I was right!

When I checked in, there was no mention of Priceline, and a request for a room that was not on these floors was granted!

We received a room on the 2nd floor, room 268, which was definitely one of the renovated rooms, and it even had a lovely balcony looking out on to the courtyard!

Room was clean, with no mould or mildew.

Elevators were hideous and a little slow.

Food in the lounge was good, but the service was poor.

Room a little noisy because of the courtyard but it was fine.

All in all, not as bad as some say! Just avoid the 1st and 3rd floors!

• 1 year later...

Room:

We stayed one night at the Millenium hotel on the "dreaded" first floor. I didn't mind being on the first floor because our room had a separate entrance out into the parking lot--meaning I could park my car right outside our room and monitor it all night. Call me paranoid, but I just wasn't so sure how safe the neighbourhood was. Turns out, it's fairly safe and well lit. The room itself was a bit dated; however, it was clean. I've read in previous posts that there may be bed bugs, but I encountered no such thing. The bed was comfy (perhaps a bit too soft), the TV was fine (it was an older TV), and I enjoyed the free WiFi. The brick wall was a bit of an eyesore. The room was a little dark despite turning on all of the lamps. I think this is the very first time where I've ever required a fridge (we had leftovers from the Olive Garden), so I was slightly disappointed at not finding a fridge in our room. With the exception of this one instance, this usually isn't a problem...

Amenities:

Great pool! It was so nice and warm. There are a lot of children in that area, but that's to be expected. It's more of a family hotel than anything. So we stayed in the deeper end and it was all good. :) We didn't look into the fitness facilities or the sauna. There was no jacuzzi.

Noise:

Since we are so close to the airport, I'll admit I had a little bit of trouble sleeping. I woke up several times in the morning to the sound of airplanes taking off... but I can't fault the hotel or being so close to the airport. We experienced very little noise in the hallway.

Excellent! My goal was to do a bit of shopping at Walden Galleria, and we were literally steps away from the mall.

For the amount we paid, I can't complain. It fit the bill for a day of shopping in Buffalo.

• 11 months later...

Recently I helped my brother book a hotel for his trip to great fall. This reminds me of my horrible experience last year when I stayed in Millennium Hotel. I was bite by bedbug everywhere on me. I don't write review often, but I feel I need to let everyone know this: if you book this hotel, you might be lucky not getting bedbug. But there is DEFINITELY bedbug in this hotel!!!!!!!!

Also it says to be 3-star, but to my opinion, this is really misleading. The hotel is old and dirty, not even as clean as many days inn. The carpet in the room was disgusting. I wonder how it gets evaluated to be 3-star.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]