Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (River North) Loews House of Blues

gleff
By gleff,
in

With a conference at the Renaissance, one night was sold out. The other nights were $199 through the conference or $189 through the hotel ($170 AAA rate).

Since I couldn't even get one of the nights at the property, I figured I'd look elsewhere. The two closest properties were the Loews House of Blues and the Westin River North. The Westin was pricing $229 and the Loews $159 on their respective websites.

I probably could have done better on the Loews in the end -- I got the property on my first bid and didn't use any of my 4 rebids. But I'm still happy. The Loews is just around the corner from the Renaissance, and savings is better than $100/night for 3 nights.

Your Offer Price: $75.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $225.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$42.10

Total Charges: $267.10

Turns out that I wanted to add a night to the end of this reservation.

Priceline tried to nab another night at the Loews @ $75 but no luck.

Since I was willing to change hotels (but not zones -- not even to Mich Ave or Loop) I bid 4* RNA again ALL THE WAY UP TO $160 WITH NO LUCK.

In the end I've added another night onto the stay at the regular rate ($206 AAA rate on the Loews website).

Still, I saved ($124 x 3) - $7 = $365 (minus Priceline's booking fee) over staying at the conference hotel at the conference rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]