Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Greater Chicago) Marriott Medical District

c669885
By c669885,
in

Got this hotel on the 11th bid. Began targeting a 4-star in the Millennium Park zone. Bid $60, rejected. Added Midway Airport zone, bid $65, rejected. Added North Michigan Avenue zone, bid $70, rejected. Added Greater Chicago zone, bid $75, rejected.

Had my traveling partner try, began bidding again on the same four targets -- $80, $85, $90, and $95 for 4-star hotels; all bids rejected.

Then I tried again and bid $85 for 3-star hotel in Millennium Park zone, rejected. Added North Michigan Avenue, bid $90, rejected. Then our last bid was to add Greater Chicago zone and up bid $95; that's when we got the Marriott Medical District.

Not happy ending up with a room outside the Loop, in a hotel that is only four stories tall, but this area is only a few subway stops away from the city center so hopefully it will be okay. Considering this hotel lists for $199/night on marriott.com, it makes our $95 winning bid (which I consider a high amount to pay on Priceline for a 3-star hotel) look pretty good. Is it always this tough to score a good deal on a weekend hotel in Chicago?

This particular Marriott does get good reviews, but the location isn't particularly optimal for sightseers. The "L" is nearby, but I would recommend being cautious when returning at night if you're new to the city, as some areas around the hotel on the West side aren't great.

Under $100 for a 4* is often difficult in Chicago in the Summer during moderately busy days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]