Priceline Hotel: 3* Salt Lake City (Downtown-University Park) Sheraton City Center

DDSeeker
By DDSeeker,
in

Accessed Priceline through SavingsBarn.com

I had hoped for something more University Park than Downtown. Oh well, I knew the risks going in.

Was bidding for 3* and 2.5* in D-UP zone only. Saw a $9 counteroffer when bidding $35 for a 2.5*. Even though I bid at $1 increments for 3* and $2 increments at 2.5*, this is the only time I saw the counteroffer. If I accepted the counteroffer, I suppose Priceline could have upgraded me to this hotel.

I was rejected at $40 for both 3* and 2.5*.

Fee for parking! Ugh! Still, even with parking, I get a Sheraton for the price of a Motel 6. :)

I wanted to add a night with several constraints.

• I wanted to be close to University Park
  • Preferred to avoid parking charge
  • Of course preferred higher quality level over lower quality level
  • Was willing to go down to 2* to avoid Sheraton City Center due to parking fee

Consistent with these constraints, I made several bids. Here are the bids that provide Priceline users with the most information:

• 2* -- $37 -- Airport Zone -- $10 counteroffer
  • 2* -- $38 -- Airport + Downtown-University Park -- rejected
  • 2* -- $37 -- Downtown-University Park + South -- rejected
  • 2.5* -- $39 -- Downtown-University Park + Airport + West Valley (no 2.5* hotel) -- rejected
  • 2.5* -- $40 -- Downtown-University Park + Airport + West Valley (no 2.5*) + South (no 2.5*) -- Upgraded to 3* Sheraton City Center

All in all, not so bad. Who can complain about a Sheraton at $40 / night?

Congratulations on yoru win(s).

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Looks like you got the hotel you were trying to avoid, but even still, are happy with the results.

I agree... a Sheraton for $40 is a great deal, even if there are some extra charges?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]