Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Millenium Biltmore

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

I was debating until the last minute about a road trip to LA for some free training. Looking at the forum listings, I thought it would be cool to stay at the Miyako in Little Tokyo: decent reviews, interesting neighborhood, a mile walk to the training center, and comparitavely reasonable parking.

The week before the trip, I started bidding and rebidding at $55 for a 3*. On Friday, my bid for $70 was accepted, but I did not follow through with providing the right CVS code. (I've got to think of a name for this technique...)

Monday morning, with confidence (the Miyako was on Priceline at $83), I bid $70 and was rejected. Rebid at $72. Switched to wife's account, bid $74, then $76. Was crestfallen to find the upgrade to the Biltmore: many reviewers were negative, calling it a 2*, with expensive parking $33(!).

In the end, the upgrade worked out. The Bilmore was actually "down the hill" from the training center. I enjoyed the beauty of the Biltmore's public areas and the room I got was clean and right sized. After a little search, I parked on the street overnight and then in a $12 lot near the training center. The second day I parked in a lot across the street, also for $12. (Not much to do at night and early in the morning, so shuffling the car and "going for a walk" killed some time, and I saved $42...)

Your Offer Price: $76.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $152.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $30.53

Total Charges*: $182.53

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]