Priceline Hotel: Last minutes help

dolphin89
By dolphin89,
in

I need help here.

About one month ago, my friend booked three nights for us at Fairfield Willimsburg at Kingsgate (suite) between 4/3-4/5 through Expedia.com. money was paid in full.

I called hotel last night, found they do not have our reservation. No room will be available to us (as well as to our friend).

Meanwhile, Expedia.com is trying to solve this problem for us, However, we do not what will happen,

Anyone can give us help for a last minutes deal at Williamsburg duing this time period? If possible, we prefer a suite with a kitchen.

Thanks.

I wouldn't book a non-cancellable room until you hear from Expedia. Is the hotel sold-out or has the rate simply increased?

I'm thinking that if you have a confirmation from Expedia they will either solve this problem or find you a suitable room nearby (or is there some sort of convetion or other reason to expect peak demand?)

I would be browsing thru Expedia's site and picking out the alternative hotels you prefer. If they get back to you and say that they don't have a room and are not charging you i would tell them (you may need to speak to a supervisor) that their explanation is unacceptable since you had made these plans and were confirmed, and now at the last minute you are stuck and will suffer added expenses to secure a room. Explain to Expedia that it would be in their best interest to work on a solution with you now than to face an envelope with all of your receipts seeking reimbursement!

If i've misunderstood part of the story please clarify.. .and certainly keep us up to date as to the outcome!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks,

Expedia has agreed to upgrade us and put us into a 4* hotel/suites. However, it is about 4-5 miles away... that's all they can do after my friends have been fighting them since last night...

The Expedia/Hotel's explanation is that some properties of our reserved hotels (Kingsgate (3*)) were damaged by water.

I guess I will introduce my friends to use Priceline.com next time, and certainly betterbidding.com. , savingsbarn.com

Thanks,

Have a wonderful spring season!

So is this acceptable to you OR are you going to try to cancel completely and try Priceline/Hotwire?

I don't know how your friend has tried to negotiate with them, but rather than just ask for 'more', i'd ask for the upgrade and something specific like $10 or so per day (depending upon the price paid for the room) for inconvenience/cabfare. If you're not happy with the upgraded hotel, is there a similar upgrade closer by that you'd be happier with... don't be afraid to ask for what you want rather than take what they offer you.

Also, if the hotel did indeed have flood damage and it wasn't an error in following thru on the reservation, then i think Expedia is doing a fine job (although i'm sure you don't feel that way right now as you go thru the ordeal).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There could always be other hotels either added or yet unreported... we only know about what's been reported.

Unless you were planning on walking from your hotel in/around Williamsburg i think the Expedia upgrade is a good deal. Only way to know if you can beat it on Priceline is to try.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]