Priceline Hotel: 2.5* DC (Capital Hill-Convention Center) Residence Inn

Eric Y.
By Eric Y.,
in

Planning a visit to DC between Aug 16-19. Our last stay in DC Jul 3-5 we booked the Residence Inn on Vermont for $55 a night (this was before joining board, should i put in a new thread?). What should our bidding strategy be to hit somewhere in the same general area, and somewhere between $55-75 a night. More specifically, we would like to stay somewhere in these zones with a minimum 2.5* rating, Georgetown, Convention Center/Capital Hill, Dupont Circle/Woodly Park, Whitehouse Downtown.

There are no re-bid zones at the 2.5* level. I'd try as follows:

Select 2.5* White House...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Dupont...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Convention Center...

Select 2.5* Georgetown...

Select 2.5* White House and Dupont...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Convention Center and Geogetown...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Convention Center...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Georgetown and Dupont...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Georgetown...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Convention Center and Dupont...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Dupont and Convention Center...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Dupont and and Geogetown...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Convention and Georgetown...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Dupont and Convention and Georgetown

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* White House and Convention and Georgetown and Dupont...

Bid $70.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Followed Bidding Strategy listed in the post. Everything under $55 rejected, then $55 at Capital Hill/Convetion Center was accepted. I won the Residence Inn Capital Hill 2.5* I have to thank the board for all of the help! Parking is $30 a day, but still not bad considering the location, and even with parking included, the room is only around $100 a night.

I had a post on the hotwire forum, but this is the deal I really want. The problem is I only need one if it is a suite and could live with a standard 2 bed hotel room but if it were something like a single king room, I'd need 2 since there are 2 adults and 2 kids. If they guarantee accommodation for 2 adults does that mean there are 2 beds? If I needed 2 rooms I'd have to buy the other one at full price, wouldn't I? This is pretty scary the first time!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]