Hotwire Hotel: Help in WDW area 5/21-6/1

MJTLJT54
By MJTLJT54,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Take a look at the ORLANDO HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST as the hotel is listed there and will show the 'known' star rating, amenties, and zone associated with it.

However, note that this property has the same exact amenities and description as at least one other, so there is no way to distinguish between the two. Tthe La Quinta has come up quite a few times and the 'other' property hasn't been won yet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the 2 adults/2 kids situation isn't going to make much of a difference whether you use Priceline or Hotwire. Although i typically warn people to think twice about more than double occupancy when in a large city known for small hotel rooms (ie- New York, Chicago, etc) the family-oriented city of Orlando has been pretty good in this regard.

Why would you prefer to use Priceline?

In a situation such as this (more than double occupancy) i think Hotwire is more advantageous since you can target 'suite' properties which should easily accomodate all of you and even if no suites are presented, you can often have a very good idea of the hotel you will get before purchase at which point you can try to find out that hotel's specific policy regarding bed preferences for Hotwire bookings.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess the reason I was interested in Priceline for this property is the fact that several people have gotten it for $18-$21, I didn't see anything that could possibly be this hotel on Hotwire for that price. But maybe it's worth having the peace of mind and paying a little more. What fees does Hotwire charge? Thanks

Just like Priceline, it varies by price of room and number of nite. You'll see the total amount before purchase.

If rooms are that inexpensive for your dates and Hotwire is somewhat i higher, i would just get two rooms via Priceline and have the peace of mind. If Hotwire is $6 more... you're already almost 1/3 of the way there (of getting 2 rooms via Priceline)!

Also, for a 10 nite stay you may want to try a variety of date combinations and consider SPLITTLING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Are you asking what are the starting bid amounts at each star level?

What level hotel do you usually stay at and/or what would you want your maximum bid to be?

I'll answer your question a bit more specifically if you give a little more to go on (ideal price and star quality)... rates are likely going to vary somewhat over your 10 nite stay so it'll also help to know if your willing to split your bid as discussed in the link above.

I wanted to try for the LaQuinta Lakeside, but I don't know if the other hotels in that level are okay. What would be the good starting levels for 2*, 21/2* and 3*?

Do all the hotels charge a resort fee? I won't be bidding higher than 3* Disney vicinity. I know LaQuinta Lakeside charges $3.50 per day, what are some of the others?

Thanks

I think you can get a 2*-3* hotel for between $20-$40.

You can see the known hotels at each star level in the PRICELINE FLORIDA HOTEL LIST.

However, if you're concerned about resort fees and getting a 'bad' hotel, i don't know why you wouldn't use Hotwire over Priceline as you can often have a better idea of the property beforehand. Having a good idea of the hotel beforehand will increase your chances of getting a 'good' hotel and one with no/low resort fees. I would have no problem using Priceline for a Resort in the WDW area, but once you start getting into 3* and below properties (where there are some discussions about quality issues) i think Hotwire is a better option.

Just my .02

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]