canceling a priceline reservation

OysterHo
By OysterHo,
in

I had booked 2 different hotels, 2 rooms at each, for 1 night each. Now one of the parties can't go because their teenage son got into a lot of trouble. We only need 1 of the rooms at both hotels instead of 2.

Neither of the hotels would give us points or refunds because we booked through Priceline. We still haven't officially canceled the extra rooms yet, just started making calls.

I called priceline and of course their customer service lines weren't being answered.

Has anybody ever had success at getting a refund?

I had booked 2 different hotels, 2 rooms at each, for 1 night each. Now one of the parties can't go because their teenage son got into a lot of trouble. We only need 1 of the rooms at both hotels instead of 2.

Neither of the hotels would give us points or refunds because we booked through Priceline. We still haven't officially canceled the extra rooms yet, just started making calls.

I called priceline and of course their customer service lines weren't being answered.

Has anybody ever had success at getting a refund?

I know they charge $25 pn/per room to xcl.

If you bid for your Priceline room it is not cancelable except under certain conditions (usaully illness accompanied by a Dr's note) though there are some that have gotten away with cancelations for lesser reasons:

Pricelines T&C:

Name Your Own Price

I was able to cancel last year, but it was because of a huge blizzard during which every single flight out of NYC was grounded for over 24 hours. It was a major storm that was all over the news, but I still had to speak with at least 3 different reps throughout the day and argue with them until they finally offered to cancel at $25/day. You can try, but they're going to need a real pressing reason.

Like nikk, I've been able to cancel on a couple of occasions due to flight delays and/or cancellations which caused me not to reach my destination until the following day, rendering my Priceline hotel useless for that first night. I've been fortunate I've never had to speak with more than one representative per call. In fact, it was very easy. I simply explained the airline delay situation, telling them it was physically impossible to check into the hotel that night. All I had to do was supply the airline and flight number. This situation is another case where the representatives read from a script. They tell you that "upon verification" of the flight delay, they will process your refund. However, in both of my situations, I had an email within seconds of hanging up the phone confirming my refund. In other words, it didn't appear they called the airline to verify the delay or cancellation before confirming a refund. I've been very pleased how easy the process was. I should also point out refunds under these circumstances are not charged Priceline's normal $25 cancel penalty. I received 100% refund in both cases.

As to the OP's situation, I think this is going to be tough. If the problem with the teenage son involves law enforcement, it might not hurt to submit some sort of documentation to Priceline if they appear to be at least half-way willing to work with you. Good luck ... you've got nothing to lose by asking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]