Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC Airports (LGA) Ramada Plaza

orangeman
By orangeman,
in

Got this bid on the first try on March 14th.

Went to check-in to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 27th and the hotel said they did not have a record of my reservation and were sold out for the night. I showed the manager on duty my Priceline receipt and he instantaneously dismissed the pre-paid reservation and said that Priceline failed to give the hotel the reservation.

I then called Priceline and they called the hotel directly and faxed another copy of my reservation confirmation to them. Priceline then called me back and told me that the hotel was not willing to honor the reservation and that I would have to get another hotel room on my own. I told Priceline that getting a hotel at the last minute could be more than $150 and asked if they will cover the expense. They said they would "try to work with me" if I give them a call Monday- we know what that means.

I called various hotel chains that night and they were sold out for the evening. Called Priceline again and told them I couldn't secure a hotel on my own for the evening and asked if they could provide any assistance. Priceline said they can't book me a hotel for the night, but could help me for the following night - Gee thanks.

To make a long story short, I spent the whole night awake in the hotel lobby writing complaint letters to Ramada and Priceline on my laptop, and caught the hotel shuttle bus to LGA at 6:30 a.m. for my morning flight. What a miserable experience!

That is awful.

I have heard very few instances where this has occurred (it happens sometimes with conventionally booked rates as well... in the industry it's called being 'walked' although in this instance there was no place to walk you to). When this has happened in the past Priceline has refunded the price of the reservation and no charge for the new hotel room.

I think i would have demanded that the hotel call around for me and find a hotel room... anywhere. Even if it was in NJ or Long Island and have them pay expenses for travel. If they refused i would have been taking names and even started making phone calls up the ladder, "I know your corporate office is closed, but if the hotel was robbed, had a fire, or there was some other emergency, who would be 'on call' that you'd have to notify?"

Certainly not your fault and i place no blame with you, but serves as another example of why it's a good idea to call the hotel ahead of time to make sure they have your reservation.... regardless of how you book!

If/when you get a response from Priceline or Ramada please let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]