Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Fremont) Golden Nugget

ckcorbin
By ckcorbin,
in

Hello,

Can anyone give me some tips on how to form a bid on Priceline to target the Golden Nugget. I am planning on staying 7-26, 7-27, and 7-28.

How much should I bid......what's the best deal I should expect?

What star rating should I select?

What other hotels might I end up getting?

Am I making a mistake by not staying on the strip?

Thanks for any tips/advice/suggestions!!!

CKC

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum bid? With that information we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Am I making a mistake by not staying on the strip?
In my opinion, "yes", although it really depends upon 1) what is the purpose of this trip, 2) have you ever been to vegas before, and less importantly 3) will you have a car?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what I know, if you get an accepted bid downtown in a 4* it is going to be the Golden Nugget. Are there any other 4*'s down there? So you start your bidding in that zone. You can add the strip easily. There are some other zones in Vegas that don't have 4* or higher that you should be able to add. Determine this by trying a new bid and clicking on the various zones to see what star levels are available. People here can help you with this, too. There is information on this in other threads, too.

Sombody yesterday wanted downtown 4* and made a $70 bid and it wasn't accepted. They were offered $90 to take it. So you are probably looking in that range, depending on availability and day of week. You should be able to make several bids a day, so you can start low and don't have to raise it much between bids.

Gambling odds are better downtown, especially at the El Cortez - single deck BJ with decent rules. And there can be some interesting stuff going on on Fremont street. If you like the shows, you will be able to see a bunch of different ones if you are staying there. You can always drive to the strip, but your level of alcohol consumption might determine whether that is a good idea.

Sombody yesterday wanted downtown 4* and made a $70 bid and it wasn't accepted. They were offered $90 to take it.
The thread your refering to was for a stay in mid-September, which i don't think is necessarily applicable to a stay in mid-July... especially in Vegas where rates vary so much from one day to the next depending upon conventions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well,

The published rates right now for the Golden Nugget appear to be around 129. So, I was going to try and get something less than that, perhaps around 100.

I have been to Vegas several times and always stayed on the strip. I was feeling a little nostalgic and thought a Freemont local might be interesting for a change of pace and maybe a little cheaper.

I am not dead set on it though. I kinda like the idea of staying at either the Flamingo or the Venetian as well, but I'd have to go considerably higher on the room rates. I just thought i'd see exactly how much I could save by staying downtown.

I have to go Thursday and leave Sunday, so that means I've got to pay premium room prices I'd imagine.

Thanks for any help.....

ckc

I think you do have options around your budget...

HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel in the central strip zone (Imerpial Palace??) for $89/nite.

You can book the Excalibur for $117/nite (average)

If you decide that you want to stay downtown here you can book the Golden Nugget for $99/nite.

If you book any of the above please use the links in this thread.

Your thoughts on these options vs. bidding for Downtown?

I think your chances of getting a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone for less than $100 are pretty good... but won't go as far to say that you'll receive the Golden Nugget. While that has been the only 4* hotel in that zone reported, you never know when priceline will upgrade a property or offer a new hotel in the area.

However, note that there is no booking fee thru this Golden Nugget link, so you'd actually need to keep your bid below ~$81 or so beat the $99 rate. As well, the $99 rate is cancellable up until a few days before your stay, so don't know if you're looking ot keep your options open at all.

Lastly, i would only stay Downtown if my budget didn't allow for staying on the strip, and i think the examples above show that the Strip is within reach of your budget. (imo)

If you are willing to lock-in a non-refundable rate and have decided you'd like to stay downtown, let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow if you'd like.

Well,

I think we've decided to bite the bullet and stay downtown. I think I will book the Golden Nugget on the link you provided for $99 a nite. And then, try to get on priceline and bid for it to see if I can do better. And then if I get a better rate, just cancel the refundable reservation I made. What is your best guess on the strategy I should use?

Thanks again,

ckc

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

If rejected, in 24 hours re-try...

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Hey,

While I am still in the process of trying to use priceline to get a 4* downtown hotel, I have some friends who are really wanting to stay the same weekend (july 26th - july 29th) at the Flamingo. They want one room for two for those 3 nights. Any ideas on the best site or strategy to use to get a good price.

Thanks for all the help.

ckc

Book directly thru the Flamingo website for $490 plus tax.

The make a claim for their Best Rate Guarantee vs. the Flamingo rate at EasyClickTravel travel which is $486.96. If approved (it should be) the Flamingo will match the lower rate less 25%, bringing the cost down to $365 for the three nites.

My recent experience with booking vegas and the Flamingo for what it's worth....I booked the Flamingo ($490) a couple of months ago for our trip July 5-9. It was a backup reservation and I was trying for a 4-5* for $500 for the 4 nights.

I never was successful and prices just kept going up. A couple of weeks prior to departure Flamingos rate was $1100 for those four nights and 1 week prior ALL the Harrahs properties were sold out. The Venetian was $4-500 (actually the 5th is $900)a night.

I would jump on that price as a cancellable backup. I didn't know about the EasyClickTravel guarantee, but I'm just glad we have a room at this point, and I'm glad I took thereuares' advice about a cancellable backup.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

just thought I'd let everyone know what I just got The Golden Nugget for on Priceline tonight for the dates 7-26 thru 7-29. I began by just selecting Freemont Street area and bidding 84 ( I had previously tried 80 several days ago and was rejected but received a counteroffer for $100, which I declined). After getting rejected, I added a rebid zone of Nellis speedway and increased my bid to 87, which was once again rejected. So, I added the airport area as a second rebid zone and increased my bid to $90. This was the winning bid and I was offered the chance to extend my stay for the same price, which I delcined.

Thanks for all the tips,

CKC

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]