Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Central Park) Empire Hotel

GLASGOWCHILL
By GLASGOWCHILL,
in

Used priceline many times, with generally very positive results.

I am planning a trip to NYC in September (9th-13th) and so far having no luck with Priceline.

Looking for a 4* property, Have gone from $160 up to $210 covering all areas and still no luck.

Is September a particularly busy time in NYC? Do you think I might have more luck closer to my travel dates?

• 4 weeks later...

Travelling to Manhattan for a few days in September (9th-13th).

So far having no luck on Priceline (up to $220 - for 4* Property) or Hotwire.

Im guessing there is much happenning in New York this week?

I am rebidding frequently and wondered if the closer it gets to my arrival date the more availability might be released to Priceline??

I am rebidding frequently and wondered if the closer it gets to my arrival date the more availability might be released to Priceline??
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Do you have a cancellable back-up reserved anyplace? (if so, where and how much) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You really should find a cancellabel back-up to protect yourself from rates going even higher from here. HOTWIRE isn't a good fallback as any current offer that you see may not be available when you're ready to book. Use our BetterChecker to research rates, as well as check EasyClickTravel, GTA Hotels, and Quikbook.

If you've bid up to your maximum there's not much else you can do except:

-wait it out and try again

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

-lower your star rating

-raise your maximum bid

One back-up is the Eastgate Tower for $248/nite thru Quickbook. It's a "book now pay later" rate so it's cancellable while you continue try priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Been browsing HOTWIRE for some weeks, trying to find a 4* hotel for my upcoming trip to NYC, without much luck - prices seem to the through the roof mid September.

Then today came across 4* Boutique, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Internet & Spa in the Central Park Area for $265.

Seemed an offer too good to miss, couldnt find any pointers on this site, so took a gamble and booked.

Anyway, Ive ended up with the 'Empire Hotel', which from my initial research appears not even to be open yet.

Hopefully all will be OK; I get the impression this used to be a total dump but is undergoing major redevelopment.

Will keep my fingers crossed!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay resolved and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your outcome with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay... please give us a Hotel Review upon your return.

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 weeks later...

Received an email from Hotwire yesterday pointing out that some facilities previously advertised are not yet available at The Empire.

They offered to cancel reservation or refund 50 percent refund in hot dollars.

I took the credit of almost 650 USD.

As the hotel is just a base for me, the lack of facilites in not a huge issue. Don't really care there is no pool or restaurant as I know there are plenty of alternatives near by.

So I get my 4 nights in New York plus probably another 4 nights at least in another city.

Very Happy!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]