Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee (South) Four Points

trvlngrl
By trvlngrl,
in

As Summerfest was in town, did not get the rock-bottom deals I was expecting. Good to know for future attempts! However, here we are:

Final price: $79 for 3* hotel ... near airport.

1st attempt: $60, 4*, downtown

2nd attempt: $69, 4*, downtown and airport

3rd attempt: dang - they wouldn't let me go back to just downtown - would do it different next time and just stick to downtown and lower the stars ... $89, 3* and 4*, downtown and airport

4th attempt: got it! $79, 3*and 4*, downtown and airport ... airport accepted the bid ...

Very nice room - two queens, which worked well for my friend and I; nonsmoking; faced the pool - sweet! Super comfy bed and thick, soft comforter ... fridge in room, and plenty of room to spread out.

Floors were thin - could hear people upstairs like they were a small herd of elephants, but only when they arrived and stumbled into their bed after the concerts.

Could not hear planes or any airport traffic - yippee! - and the parking was free - huge lot, plenty of room!

I would definitely recommend it to travelers needing to be close to airport or during Summerfest (while they don't advertise the shuttle as being for priceline purchasers, they sold a round-trip ticket per person with a hefty mixed drink or beer for around $5 per day, which was totally worth it to avoid driving and paying to park!)!

Overall: Quite satisfied with the whole experience ... know prices plummeted again after Summerfest, as to be expected!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

There is not "Airport" zone on priceline... am i correct that you bid the South zone? (which is the zone which contains the airport).

Can you also please add the dates of your stay so that we can add that information to the topic title.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello! You are welcome! And, I will go back and put the dates in ... sorry about that! In case I don't figure it out, I checked in June 29 and checked out July 1, 2007.

Actually, there is an "Airport" zone on priceline ... I just got off the site to double check ... it says Milwaukee - Downtown - Airport area ... then, there's Milwaukee West and Milwaukee North ... no south from what I can tell

Thanks!

Karen

The zones you listed are for Priceline's "Retail" product (where you don't bid and the price and hotel names are given).

Did you use this retail part of their service or the "Name Your Own Price" service and bid for the hotel? From the name your own price product they list the following zones for Milwaukee (which are different the the way the 'retail' product splits up the region):

• Brookfield - New Berlin
  • Downtown Milwaukee
  • Milwaukee North
  • Milwaukee Northwest
  • Pewaukee
  • South Milwaukee

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]