Priceline Hotel: 4* Vegas (Strip South) Westin

jvmel0922
By jvmel0922,
in

Hi. I'm new to this board and it has some great information. I'm looking to check into a 4* Vegas room the weekend of Friday 08/24 checking out on the 26th (2 night stay). The most I'm willing to pay is $150/night. First of all, is this a realistic bid for a weekend? If yes, which hotels should I expect to accept the bid?

I'd love to stay at the PALMS or the obvious choices (i.e. Venetian, Wynn, Bellagio). What's the best I can expect for the weekend at that price? And on a sidenote...how do I get tickets to that Beatles show :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

All hotels reported to the boad are found in our Priceline Hotel List.

First, the Palms isn't on the strip so if you only bid the strip zone you won't be winning that property (nor has this hotel been reported to the board).

Second, the Westin is included in priceline's strip zone, although it is slightly off the strip... is this an acceptable property to you?

Let us know the above and we'll then advise as to how to best proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know too much about the Westin other than the review I just read. It doesn't sound so special, but beggers can't be choosers, right? I would prefer one of the bigname properties though. I'd even consider the RIO even though it's off the strip a bit. I stayed at the ALADDIN before they changed it to Planet Hollywood. Is it better or worse? Nevertheless, these are the hotels I'd be open to:

5* Venetian REVIEW

4* Aladdin

4* Luxor

4* MGM Grand

4* Monte Carlo

4* NYNY

4* Treasure Island

4* Rio

Is this realistic for $150/night on a weekend? Thanks in advance.

these are the hotels I'd be open to:

jvmel0922,

I didn't compare your list to the Priceline Hotel List but you can't choose the universe of hotels that you're willing to accept... you're either willing to accept any 4* hotel in the Strip zone or not. Even if you're fine with all the 4* hotels in the hotel list, you could be the first to receive a new hotel to add to the list (or receive a previously reported 3* which has now been upgraded to a 4*)

If you can accept the above then we can begin to look at rates for your dates and suggest a strategy to follow. If you can't, then you can consider using HOTWIRE where you can make an educated guess as to the property being offered, but still no guarantees.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right...I understand that. The list I provided was just a "wishlist". I was wondering if by using priceline, and providing a max bid of $150/night for a 2 night weekend stay -- would it be unrealistic to expect or hope for one of those 4* hotels that I listed? Or do these rooms end at a much higher price?

Again, thanks for all your help. You guys are saints.

Can't say if $150 will be enough, but it's in the right ballpark. If that is not successful, i don't think it would take much more than that.

If you're ready to bid now, you have two re-bid zones available at the 4* level in Vegas. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them)

Select 4* Strip...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105.

If you are successful with the above, i believe it will be at the Westin and not one of the other hotels directly on the strip. I actually had started a bit higher than the above but then doublechecked rates at the Westin and started lower as a result. So if you're rejected with the above dont' get discouraged... as this bid amounts are somewhat low for a weekend stay, but we need to rule out the above bid amounts before moving higher (to prevent an overbid). If rejected just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally started bidding, and here were the results:

Select 4* Las Vegas Strip Vicinity North...

Bid $110, rejected

Bid $115, rejected

Select 4* Strip and re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, rejected add re-bid zone2

Bid $125, rejected

Tomorrow I will start again at $130.00. Am I on the right track?