Priceline Hotel: 4* Berlin (Tiergarten-Kufuerstendamm) Moevenpick

Kremmen
By Kremmen,
in

Looks like a pretty nice deal... especially given the current exchange rates :)

Yeah, it's great. The AUD is at about an 18 year high vs. the USD. :)

It's supposed to be an interesting city and I'm really looking forward to it, so I'm surprised how inexpensive Berlin accommodation is generally. There are much less interesting parts of Europe, and Germany itself, which are much more expensive.

Hey, what happened to my dates? I never enter them in that irritating, illogical mm/dd/yy format.

Berlin usually lacks the masses of business travellers which other German cities in the Western part of the country have. That's why it's sometimes harder to get a cheap room in Berlin in the summer months or over long weekends than it is the case for cities like Frankfurt, Dusseldorf and even Hamburg (where it's usually vice versa).

Hey, what happened to my dates? I never enter them in that irritating, illogical mm/dd/yy format.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"......the format used for every post is mm/dd/yy, it makes it easier for others using this free, valuable resource, it would be illogical and irritating to do so otherwise :)

• 3 months later...
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

I'm not in the US and neither is the place I reported on, so I don't see the fact that the web server is in the US as being that relevant. Even the US government realises that nobody else uses the hairbrained mm/dd/yy thing and has used dd/mm/yy on their customs and immigration forms for years. (I remember when the customs form and the I-94 card were different, one using dd/mm/yy and one using mm/dd/yy! Sensibly, they moved both to the more accepted format around 2000.)

If you genuinely want to make it easier for everyone, it would be better to standardise on something easy to interpret for all, such as putting an abbreviation for the month (Jan, Feb, etc) or making it some sort of date field which can be configured by users.

Although you may not be in the U.S., the majority of the users of this board are, and therefore maybe we could go by the thought that: Majority rules! :) I'm also not in the U.S., but do accept these suggestions. This board is very minimal in terms of rules -- if you read TOBB, you'd find some real "nit-pickers". Please don't take offense at what is requested here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]