Family of 5 traveling

World traveller
By World traveller,
in

I have 3 children all under age of 6. Travelling in North America and Europe is quite difficult as all room configuration max. 4 people. We used to squeez by when my baby was less than 2 but now it is getting tough. Any tips? Is it possible to have a special discount when booking joined roomm? I prefer not to have seperate rooms because of additional cost for one and ofthen when joining rooms are NOT available, I do not feel secured to place them in a seperate room. We travel 6-8 times internationally a year with our kids, and I have always found accomodation in large NA cities for a couple with 3 young kids are difficult to get . :)

We are a family of 5 (all kids under 6) and usually we are ok with booking through Priceline. We try to call in advance to make sure we get 2 beds, but it happened once (at Orlando Airport) were there was only 1 king size bed available (we checked in at midnight).

If you book through HOTWIRE, you can guarantee 2 beds (put 2 adults/2 kids) but it is usually a bit more expensive.

Kids in NA are not considered as additional person, so you should be fine (except maybe NY and Boston were rooms are smalls and rarely have 2 beds).

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]