Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying 3* Las Vegas (Near Strip East)

cianciolo
By cianciolo,
in

I think the atrium suites is the 3.5* one that comes up right after this one in the Hotwire search for $89. I did not know about the Trip Advisor rating which can be seen by selecting the hotel. I looked on the Trip Advisor website and the Emerald Suites Tropicana is a possible match, it has the same Trip Advisor rating with 20+ reviews like they say and the last one in May 2007. The only thing that I could not find on their website is that they have complimentary breakfast. That is what attracted me to this one, could save some money that way. I was looking to spend less than $90 but could go to $100 if needed and hoping for a 3* or better does not have to be on the strip. Thanks for the information.

...that they have complimentary breakfast. That is what attracted me to this one, could save some money that way

I think Vegas is one area where complimentary breakfast is worth almost no added value... you can often find very inexpensive ($5 and under) breakfast specials, coupons for buffets which you can fill up to count as both breakfast and lunch, and each would likely be better than a hotel's "complimentary breakfast".

How about the Sahara for $89/nite?

Does that work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's a timeshare so expect frequent "invitations" to listen to a sales pitch in exchange for some perk... usually the sales pitches are harder sells than most expect and it almost always takes longer then they say it will... so if you do end up staying here i would avoid them regardless of the perk offered. Otherwise the reviews are decent although one reviewer put it that it's a good 10-15 minutes from the strip.

It sounds nicer than the Sahara, but with a much worse location. At least at the Sahara you can walk (if it's not too hot) to the Strip (granted it's a long walk, but i've done it) or just hop on the local bus for $2.25 and be in the heart of the strip in just a few minutes.

So i guess it depends what you're looking for... a nicer property or a better 'vegas' experience.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help... if you do go for the condo please use our HOTWIRE lik to begin your purchase (or the Sahara link above if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at the the Sahara through your link for lastminutetravel.com. In the hotel description it mentions a $3 energy surcharge and $1 phone charge per night. Do you know if those charges are included in the total quoted with taxes and fees on the next page after you hit book it? Thanks

I book the Doubletree near the airport today on their website which I can cancel within 24 hours with no penalty. It is $89 a night. So I will keep that as a backup and see if the rates go down any further. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for all the information.

• 2 weeks later...
$88/night

8/17 for 2 nights

Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Golf Nearby, Spa

Thanks

One other thought re the hotel identity of the hotel description -- that started this thread. Possibly Embassy Suites which offers the comp breakfast -- for a recent stay that I was researching, the same 3-star hotel description Near Strip East was $109, while the published Embassy Suites rate was $118. Also nearby are the Amerisuites (you know how HOTWIRE jacks up its ratings from 2.5 to 3.0 sometimes) and a couple Marriott Residence Inns (both do the free breakfast and would possibly be 3-stars in Hotwire terms). But my hunch is that it may be Embassy Suites (the one that's closer to the convention center where there tends to be less demand on a Friday night).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]