Are the counter offers an indication of anything?

vecromatica
By vecromatica,
in

When it declines my offer, at the top, it gives me a number. For example I put in 190 and it says if you're willing to up your bid you can get the tickets for 368. Then I put in a new bid and the offer was 358. I'm just wondering if my bid and that number are directly related or if they're an indicator of your bid validity. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

A counter offer is a good indicator that there is Priceline Inventory and you're (usually)quite near to the minimum winning bid.

What it is NOT a good indicator of is the actual bid at which you'll be successful.

A very rough guide as to the minimum winning bid needed (when bidding for Hotels) is usually half the difference between your last bid and the returned counter offer.

In your example this would be around $280 ($368-190 = approx $180. Half of this is $90, add this to the original bid of $190 = $280)

(As you mentioned 'Tickets' though I assume you're bidding for Airline tickets.

This is NOT a hard and fast rule and this is where prior research into the likely minimum bid comes into it's own-and that's where we can help :)

Please start a new post with your history of failed bids in the correct thread and we may be able to help.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]