Priceline Hotel: 3* Westchester County (Tarrytown-Elmsford) Sheraton

jwh
By jwh,
in

Pearl River -Orangeburg 3*

I am going to be in Nyack, NY August 10-12. We usually stay at the Pearl River Hilton - but it is booked that weekend. Priceline has 3* hotels in Pearl River - Orangeburg. Any idea what the hotel is? Possibly the Holiday Inn? Thanks for any insight!

priceline's "shop and compare" site shows the Hilton as being available for $169 for your dates of travel and shows the Holiday Inn in Orangeburg as a 3* property. Neither of these have been reported as wins, so its possible that you could get either. I believe the Hilton is rated as a 3.5* property on HOTWIRE; its a really nice hotel and much better than the HI.

I believe the HOTWIRE 4* is the White Plains Renaisance. Among all 3, I think the Hilton gets the nod.

Good Luck!

There is no way to target the Hilton when bidding on Priceline.

If you'd prefer one property over another, or would like to try to target a specific property, you're probably better of going with HOTWIRE and trying to ID the property before your purchase.

Last week, the Hilton was booked - now it has a lot of availability. Maybe a wedding was called off or something. Anyway, I've bid on Priceline thru SavingsBarn from $45-$65 with no luck. At those rates, I would be happy with either the Holiday Inn or Hilton. I made a reservation at the Hilton for $152 (AAA rate). So now I just have to figure out how much I will bid up to given that I might end up with the HI (whose rate is $118 on their site). The Hilton does not seem to be available on Hotwire unless the amenities listed for it have changed? I'll let you know how it plays out.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the North Bergen-Rockland County (NJ) zone with the following amenities for $69: Restaurant, pool, Fitness, HS Internet, Tennis, Business Center, Laundry. This should be the Sheraton in Mahwah. This is a great hotel for the money and its about 16 miles from Nyack, all highway. HOTWIRE also has a 3* for $104 with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center. This hotel has not yet been identified.
  • 2 weeks later...

A few updates:

I see a $74 hotel on Hotwire in North Bergen County with Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Pool, and INTERNET. Any ideas which hotel this is? It seems the Pearl River Hilton has not shown internet before.

I made a reservation (through the Better Bidding Link!) at a brand new Hampton Inn in Nanuet ($93 AAA rate). Anyone stayed there? Any feedback? I think I will cancel my backup reservation at the Hilton Pearl River.

I bid $63 for a 3* yesterday in Pearl River and Nanuet and got nothing.

what was the star level of the $74 property?

You really can't beat a new Hampton Inn, you get free breakfast. The Hilton Pearl River has a nice indoor pool and is in located in a quiet area, breakfast is on you. Location-wise, I think both are about the same to Nyack. The Hampton is sandwiched between the NY Thruway and busy Rt. 59.

Have you looked at Tarrytown-White Plains? The Spring Hill Suites and Marriott Courtyard are close to the Tappan Zee Bridge. I believe that Courtyard's offer free breakfast on weekends during the summer, this may not be available to Priceline or HOTWIRE customers, but present your Marriott Rewards card and a smile and you might get lucky.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and a new hotel for the Priceline Hotel List. Just about half price, so a great deal for these dates. (just over half price!)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]