Skybus $10 segment fares just opened

mrxow
By mrxow,
in

they have ten seats per flight at ten bucks. airports are sometimes smaller ones and taxes are generally low. all flights go to or from columbus ohio. other airports destinations include seattle, san fran, la, san diego, kansas city, boston, hartford, richmond, greensboro, daytona beach and ft. lauderdale. I think that is it...

just booked two flights, LA to ft. lauderdale with 4 hour stopover in columbus. $81.60 p/p round trip out the door. didn't take insurance (though available for $12), so gambling a little. I think you are pretty screwed if your first flight is delayed too long, but with 4 hour stopover, thought it was worth the gamble... Maybe could have just insured second leg... you cannot book LA to Ft. Lauderdale all at once. You have to book LA to Columbus, then Columbus to Ft. Lauderdale. And your price isn't guaranteed until you pay and get a confirmation. Prices jump to 20, 30 or 50 or so once the ten dollar seats are sold, depending on the distance of the flight.

Should anyone see the flights open up past march 6, contact me please - these seats go fast. I would be interested in setting up something with people who would like to maybe exchange phone numbers so we can get the word out when it happens. When they added some new destinations several weeks ago, the $10 seats were gone on a lot of routes within hours...

I wanted to mention, too, should anybody be interested in booking these flights back to back that I think they make you collect any checked baggage after each segment and check it back in for the next one. I don't know if there is some expedited way to do this or if you have to go through all the security again. And I don't know what the security lines are like at Columbus. I have yet to fly with these guys. They just started operations a month and a half ago, I think. They also charge for each piece of checked luggage. It might make sense to pack light and get by with a carry on and as big a "personal item" as you think you can get away with.

I looked at the insurance they offer. I am not sure if you would need to buy insurance on both legs of your trip, but as one flight is the first one on the way to your destination and the second one on the way back, maybe you would, unless you booked all the legs independently (which it seems you could do without additional cost, just additional trouble clicking and typing) You can purchase the insurance up to 24 hours before your trip, it says, so maybe it would be prudent to keep an eye on upcoming weather. The insurance is 5% of the trip cost with a minimum of $6 per person.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]